Author
Topic: Cashback on all eBay purchases  (Read 12989 times)
Wizard1
  • Global Moderator
  • Peanut Butter Jelly Time,Peanut Butter Jelly Time!
« on: June 26, 2010, 09:08:23 am »

Just thought i'd like to share this website I recently came across and subsequently started using.

For those of you that are eBay addicts or use eBay as a primary source for acquiring new notes you should really use this site. They give 3% cash back on all Ebay purchases plus $5 signup bonus. All payouts are via chq OR paypal. Does't seem like much, but considering how expensive our hobby can be.... it adds up quickly!

I also use Bing cashback but that program ends July 30th so I have been looking for alternatives. Anyone know of any other sites that offer cashback?

« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 09:10:38 am by Wizard1 »

Wizard1
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2010, 12:26:17 am »

Someone told me that eBay themselves have a rebate program called eBay Bucks. Unfortunately its a closed program (in Beta) at the moment.

Are there any members here that were invited to join this program? If so would you care to share you experiences with it?

Thanks.

mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2010, 12:57:52 pm »

Perhaps this is just my silly opinion, but I don't think serious collectors consider rebate programs when deciding what to bid on notes they want.

No hay banda  
Wizard1
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2010, 03:50:17 pm »

that may have some truth, but it doesn't hurt to get something back when you're going to be buying a note Anyways. We all want to get our notes for the best price possible so the cahsback option is one way to accomplish this.

mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2010, 04:54:05 pm »

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for point-of-sale discounts and that sort of thing (I LOVED those PayPal coupons of years ago).  I'm just not a big fan of loyalty rewards programs where they expect you to make a certain number of purchases before you get anything.  Or worse yet, they want a commitment to buy ahead of time.  I hope the program you're investigating is not like that.  My experience with eBay is that they are a big profit-driven company looking to worm their way into the seller-buyer relationship, and that never leads to improvements.  So anything they promote always raises initial skepticism.  I'm looking for a more hands-off approach from the selling venues I use.  But if you've found something really worthwhile, keep digging and keep us informed  ;)

No hay banda  
Wizard1
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2010, 05:51:16 pm »

The Mr.Rebates one is best and it has nothing to do with loyalty. Just login through their site and buy whatever, whenever you want. Aside from the slight hassle of logging in their their site there is absolutely no catch or requirement. Heck if you do it properly you can even stack it with airmiles as well (if you want more info pm me about this).

The ebay bucks one isnt loyalty either because it covers everything on ebay.

Basically at the end of the day its all the seller's fees and stuff that funds these two programs.
On any discount or rebate program, they take money from everyone and give it to a limited set of people. If you make sure you are in the limited set of people you will pay lower prices. This is a general principal, not just limited to ebay.

As a personal note Ive already racked up $17+$5 Signup bonus in cashback within the past two months.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2010, 11:49:26 pm by Wizard1 »

Login with username, password and session length