Author
Topic: BCS AU55 turns into a PMG 64  (Read 5487 times)
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« on: October 09, 2010, 08:23:58 am »

I just noticed that a 1954 $10 *BV0335639 on EBAY item # 130441850516
is in a PMG slab.. CH UNC 64 ...when the note was previously a BCS AU55 and sold at Torex
on the WIKI list.....I guess it will have to be updated  :)
I guess some nice profits can be made simply by swapping TPG's
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 08:26:49 am by friedsquid »

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
ShareBear
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2010, 10:22:15 am »

In the description the seller states "I don't know why they didn't designate "EPQ" on a choice Unc".  :'(

Mortgage Guy
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2010, 10:32:40 am »

This is becoming so common that it looks like we as buyers are huge suckers in the eyes of dealers since we continue to buy holders and not the notes. How many times do you go out and buy daily items without opening up what you bought? But we do this all the time with graded notes. Take a look at the upcoming auction, look at the notes and you will notice 2 prominent TPG. Don’t forget who sends them to these TPG. I think this whole idea of having American graded notes sold at Canadian book prices is a total joke and the jokes on you. I wish people would deal with this problem in 2 ways. 1 if you’re serious about buying a note demand to have it removed from the holder or the best one is 2. we as buyers should go on a “strike” and let’s all stop buying these TPG notes. Buyers control the market place not the other way around. 

MG
« Last Edit: October 09, 2010, 10:44:42 am by Mortgage Guy »

Always Buying Any Replacements and Special Serial Numbered Notes In C.Unc+ Condition
Seth
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2010, 07:48:24 pm »

I think the fact that notes can be removed from a slab makes a mockery of the whole process.  Isn't the point of slabbing  to prevent further damage to a note after it is graded?  What's the point of assigning a grade to a slabbed note if the note can be removed and damaged?

Track your Canadian currency online!

http://www.whereswilly.com
freedomschoice
  • Wiki Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 10:52:33 pm »

The dealers are in this business to make money. If PMG grades higher then BCS/CCCS then they will continue to use them. And until we as collectors stop buying them and educating ourselves and the public, then this trend will continue. I refuse to buy American graded Canadian paper money. Also remember.... TPG company's are in business for dealers to. They are the life blood of their business. American grading company's use different standards from Canadian. Our system is much more severe in tolerances. In closing, stop buying American TPG notes and support Canadian company's that grade. The dealers will eventually get the hint. Hopefully they will. 

Login with username, password and session length