Author
Topic: Another major milestone: $3,000,000!  (Read 6843 times)
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« on: November 28, 2010, 10:02:50 pm »

Thank you and congratulations to all of our many contributors to the Serial Number Database. Today, we have surpassed the $3 MILLION mark in the total value of notes entered!

To date, the SNDB has been the source of information for several articles written for the CPMS Newsletter including one on a new layout of BABN notes. This information is also regularly used to verify insert ranges thus strengthening this area of the hobby.

Unfortunately, my ability to obtain and enter large quantities of notes has been rather restricted, but I still enter every note that passes through my hands. I encourage you all to continue to enter your notes to the SNDB.

Over the past several months, we've had a number of contests to reward those members who faithfully enter their notes to the SNDB. I hope to continue this program with future draws and contests so long as we have generous donors. If anyone would like to become a donor to help support this, please get in touch with me.

With your continued participation by entering notes to the SNDB, the important research being done can continue. Thank you very much for your help and I look forward to announcing the $4 million and $5 million milestones!

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
kobecurrency
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2011, 01:21:40 pm »

Hi

As we are approaching the end of the Journey series in the next year or two, we are currently closing in on SNDB the $4m marks in days and 200k in counts hopefully within a week or two.

Just wonder if there is any further insights and/or development in the research you are able to share with us. For example, anything further news on the BTT/BTU errors, is the end of the Journey the end of the SNDB, or you are planninfg on setting up SNDB in the new polymer series etc.....

It has been great to see a lot of effort was given by members here. Great job and thanks for sharing the input everyone.

BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2011, 02:28:00 pm »

The end of the Journey Series certainly will NOT mean the end of the SNDB. It will continue to be the storehouse for hundreds of thousands of serial numbers well into the Frontiers Series and beyond.

The first few days of the Frontiers Series will be hectic. I know we have all seen the EKZ prefix on the demo notes and such, but there's no guarantee that's what will hit circulation. There will probably be other prefixes too. So to make sure we capture as much information as possible, if you attempt to enter notes that the SNDB won't take, email me the full details and you should be able to enter it shortly thereafter.

As we approach the $4m and 200k milestones that kobecurrency mentioned, I also want to thank everyone for their contributions to date. I certainly have fun doing this (trying to boost my personal totals up, find new highs and lows, find a few special numbers and replacements, etc), and I hope know that many others do too.

Join in the fun and keep aiming even higher!

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
rarecoins2001
    • One coin per country collectors group
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 12:42:19 pm »

Congratulations we passed the $4 million milestone.

BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 03:44:54 pm »

Fantastic news! Thanks for everyone's ongoing participation!

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Elwoodbluesca
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Very Senior Member
  • Metro Coin & Banknote Company - Toronto Coin Expo
    • Metro Coin & Banknote Company
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 09:56:33 pm »

anything further news on the BTT/BTU errors

What would you like to know. There is a database that is available on the known notes. The last one I know of being found was over a year ago. I still search, and have also not found any for over a year now.

www.metrocbc.com - Metro Coin & Banknote Company
www.torontocoinexpo.ca - Toronto Coin Expo
President - Canadian Paper Money Society #1605
Director - J. Douglas Ferguson Foundation
coinboy
  • CPMS # 1351
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2011, 02:20:15 pm »

WOW, someone has a lot of time on there hands, lol
Congatulations to the dedicated mystry contributor who has added over 40,000/1 million dollars worth of notes to the SNDB, no easy feet to be sure

mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2011, 01:30:08 am »

I give my thanks to these prolific contributors.

No hay banda  
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2011, 09:38:27 am »

Those high-volume contributors know who they are and all deserve our thanks for the notes they have contributed towards ongoing research activities.  The fruits of this labour can be found in various issues of the Canadian Paper Money Society newsletter over the last few years, and I'm sure over the next several years as well.

My thanks goes out to not only our top few contributors, but to ALL contributors.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2011, 03:50:53 pm »

Belated congratulations to our latest member for crossing the threshold of 50,000 notes entered worth $1,000,000!

No hay banda  
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2012, 01:31:01 pm »

We've got a third member of the Million Dollar Club.  Congratulations!

BWJM, F.O.N.A.

Login with username, password and session length