Author
Topic: Questions of Canada's most used grading companys  (Read 5137 times)
Typescore
    • peter_nadeau_2004@hotmail.com
« on: July 20, 2011, 02:38:35 am »

I notice that people in Canada use TPG when buying a Banknote?
That some companys like the PMG really grade to high and i have seen that often

I was told that when banknotes are being graded if  the person grading is in bad mood they wouldnt put a lot of thought  into it.  Is that treu?

I had bills graded by the PMG so i had them graded by the CCCS.   I had seen a big difference when i had gotten the results and i had come to agree with it.  Is the CCCS a fair grading standard for respect to my Notes?

Oups think i miss understood TPG!!!

I have lost a lot of money because of my lack of knowledge and i want to put a stop to it.

Is continuing with the CCCS smart or Do collectors really want the TPG standard. 

Anyways id love to hear what you have to say and I think the best thing to do is to do some digging and recherse

Cheers Type
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 02:54:13 am by Typescore »

Peter Lion
mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 01:50:56 pm »

Only uncirculated notes are worth sending to TPG because many people who collect uncirculated notes will pay more if the note is 65 versus 62 or 63.  It does not matter if a 65 is not really a Gem, all that matters is the number on the holder.  The same thing has happened with coins, and the prices paid for "finest grade" coins are staggering.

Circulated notes are not worth getting graded because everyone automatically assumes they are overgraded no matter which company grades them, so they always sell for discounts versus catalogue.

No hay banda  
Typescore
    • peter_nadeau_2004@hotmail.com
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 01:25:56 am »

Yeah your right, Ill get to learn by seeing a note on a grade before buying it.  If i see the note at a lower grade  then what i see i won't it buy it. 

You must of seen my two ugly $25's big lost i figured that because it was graded by a Campany PMG that was the right grade but then i notice that something was wrong because to me it was half or even 1 full grade over graded and i mean really big lost was because i bealive people would see the campany grade and go with it  but was wrong instead i should eye grade my self before buying then assuming on someone else who was trying to make a profit more then anything else

Anyways Thanks for your help!!!!

Cheers Type

Peter Lion

Login with username, password and session length