Author
Topic: Proof that Canadian Tire money is not ending soon, but is here to stay!  (Read 4049 times)
jay4e

On August 3rd 2011, the next coupon in the CTC S31 series made its appearance.  The basic design is identical to the previous series and the serial numbers continue on where the last series left off.  It does however have the new signatures; Marco Marrone, CFO and Stephen Wetmore, CEO and the plate date is 2011. This is the second note to sport the signature of Marco Marrone replacing Stanley Pasternak, who retired this year.

The changeover occurred between 0417297999, the highest known CTC S30 - 5¢ and 0417423000 the lowest known CTC S31 - 5¢. If you find anything between these two notes please let me know.

The last series of nickels (CTC S30) had Stanley Pasternak and Stephen Wetmore signatures and had a 2009 plate date.

The first denomination to be released in the CTC S31 series was the dime back on June 2nd of this year. We are looking forward to the other 4 denominations to be released as soon as present stock is used up. Replacement notes presently being used for these nickels, are from the last series and I am sure that they will eventually print up new ones when they have exhausted these.

{http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/5055/23105a1w.jpg:http://img51.imageshack.us/img51/5055/23105a1w.th.jpg}

Some days you're the bug and some days you're the windshield!
mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 01:45:54 pm »

And this warranted an "important forum announcement" e-mailed to all members?  Seriously??

No hay banda  
jay4e
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 04:09:21 pm »

Yes, I do think it warranted an announcement!   I understand by your response that you are not interested in Canadian Tire Money.  That is fine, not everyone is but when I see the number of people that have read and responded to the posting about the demise of Canadian Tire Money, I would just like to inform everyone as to the actual situation with Canadian Tire Money.  It is not about to end, on the contrary it is well entrenched in workings of the Corporation and this for the foreseeable future.

Some days you're the bug and some days you're the windshield!
JB-2007
  • Forum Moderators
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 04:21:24 pm »

Thanks for the update Jay4e. Im glad to hear that Canadian Tire money is staying!

Login with username, password and session length