Author
Topic: Consecutive runs of new notes  (Read 4477 times)
mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« on: October 18, 2011, 07:33:05 pm »

I was going through some of the data entered into the SNDB and found that we have some comedians making contributions.  Specifically, there are members entering long runs of consecutive notes, a violation of the SNDB rules.  If you have a stack of consecutively-numbered notes, do not enter all of the notes.  Please enter only the first and last notes in your run.

For members obtaining bricks, the rules are pretty much the same.  Enter the highest and lowest number plus any inserts and any out-of-sequence notes (such as unconfirmed inserts) you find.  If you want to enter special numbers like the radar and repeater you find in each brick, that's OK.  If you have one of those mixed bricks from CBN, we would appreciate the endpoints of every serial number range in the brick.  It's less work to enter the endpoints instead every single note, and it helps us when using the data for research purposes.  Members that have been entering long runs of consecutive numbers will likely see their contribution numbers drop as we go through the data and chop the dead wood.  We appreciate your contributions as always, and hope you keep up the good work and help us continue our research.

No hay banda  
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2012, 11:18:08 pm »

I feel it necessary to remind everyone not to enter runs of consecutive notes please.

I've gone to some trouble today to remove a number of such runs.  While occasional entries will simply be removed, repeat offenders may be subject to various sanctions.

If you have any questions, please contact me.  Thank you!

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.

Login with username, password and session length