Author
Topic: Polymer Radar note found first trip to the bank EKD 8206028  (Read 4276 times)
RADARjourney
« on: November 25, 2011, 06:14:38 pm »

Maybe I`m just lucky first trip to the bank and the first note purchased was a radar.  EKD8206028  So now we will see what the market will pay. I`m very curious with the notes expected to last longer there will be less produced. And if you guys have noticed they get real ugly real fast the UNC grades will be very difficult. Searching the large denominations is pricey so I`m doubtful there will be many on the market. So lets see. Cheers Shawn
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 07:35:00 pm by RADARjourney »
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 07:02:44 pm »

One did just sell on ebay ...not sure what it went for...

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 07:19:30 pm »

Polymer Radar note found first trip to the bank ECD 8206028

You should change you heading topic...I got excited LOL
Should be EKD not ECD correct??

RADARjourney
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2011, 07:35:35 pm »

Whoops, that would have been quite a find eh?
mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2011, 07:48:36 pm »

Don't get too excited.  The same reasoning has been used for all series... the high denominations are produced in lower numbers, so logic tells us special numbers should be worth more, but the opposite is true.  I've found $50 and $100 radars to be virtually unsalable in all grades.  Radar collectors collect the number, not the note, so a $100 face value is tough to swallow when the same sum can purchase several $5 and $10 radars.

The first of anything is bound to generate a lot of interest and some higher prices.  I would get rid of a $100 radar ASAP.  What you say about Unc grades being difficult is hard to fathom.  I just got a bunch of $100s from several different bundles and Uncs were well represented.  The high denominations don't circulate as quickly as lower denoms.

No hay banda  
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2011, 07:57:51 pm »

Radar collectors collect the number, not the note, so a $100 face value is tough to swallow when the same sum can purchase several $5 and $10 radars.

I would never hold onto a $100 radar simply because they just aren't that popular and it is a lot of cash to hang onto without any real potential to make a profit when it is sold. However, I will admit I do have one in my collection only because I have matching radars in a lower denominations to go with it.

Login with username, password and session length