Author
Topic: Wish BOC would reprint older series.  (Read 3563 times)
d_polo
  • Paper Money is art!
« on: December 14, 2004, 03:08:30 am »

I just thought it would be a neat idea if the Bank of Canada would let the CBC and BABN companies reprint older series again just for the collector. The notes would be printed exactly like the originals, but with all zeros serial #, like the speciman notes. They would also have some printing in the boarder to say it was a copy or omit the CBC or BABN logos or slightly change something so you'd know it was a copy. Or maybe print it on different kind of paper, not the original banknote paper. Or watermark the paper with the word COPY.

But it would be cool if they'd do that so you could have high quality specimen type notes of all the previous series, mostly the 1935-multi coloured series. They could sell a complete set of each series for a nice price. The BOC could make a profit and collectors wanting rare notes would be happy. I know in reality this will never happen, but it would be neat idea if they did.
eyevet
  • Wiki Contributor
  • CPMS Life Member #101
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2004, 06:20:36 pm »

I think that people who own real specimen notes from the 1935, 1937 & 1954 series might take exception to this as it would lower the value of their investment.

Login with username, password and session length