Author
Topic: Maple Leaf Optical not centered  (Read 3434 times)
rarecoins2001
    • One coin per country collectors group
« on: February 07, 2013, 09:08:13 pm »

I noticed that the optical window in the maple leaf is off center on my BSN $20 polymer note.  I tried to make a scan of it but it doesn't show up.  The circle in the center is offset more to the right.  Anyone else find one of these?  I hand drew in the location.

{http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/1937/opticalq.jpg:http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/1937/opticalq.th.jpg}

Rupiah
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 10:13:30 pm »

I noticed that the optical window in the maple leaf is off center on my BSN $20 polymer note. 

Interesting - Must say never paid attention to it. Is it possible to scan the whole image just to see how this registers with the other main window? It may tell us a bit about the sequence in which these things are printed.

Wonder what paper money would say if it could talk?
rarecoins2001
    • One coin per country collectors group
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 01:07:32 pm »

My scanner won't scan entire bills. I might be able to photograph it. It has serial number BSN 0096020 plates 92 in case others want to check theirs.

mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 06:37:25 pm »

I examined some lightly circulated polymer $20 notes and observed some variation in the position of the circle within the grey-coloured maple leaf and in the clear maple-leaf window's position relative to the green tint that surrounds it.  Obviously, these are some design elements that are printed in separate processes, which means some potentially bigger errors could occur.

No hay banda  
Rupiah
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 07:22:20 pm »

Thx for trying

Wonder what paper money would say if it could talk?

Login with username, password and session length