Author
Topic: $100 Polymer note with serrated edge  (Read 6302 times)
Rupiah
  • Very Senior Member
« on: April 16, 2013, 11:27:52 pm »

This listing on the favourite auction site did not see a sale but is interesting.

Item No : 290888458058

It is a $100 Polymer note.

The top edge of the note is serrated.

If one were to assume that this condition was not intentionally inflicted what could be reason for this to happen?

Wonder what paper money would say if it could talk?
AyJay
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2013, 09:49:13 pm »

Hi! I recently found a 100$ Polymer note with the serrated edge on top, do you have any idea if this error have any value? I'm a printer and I think that this kind of error was probably made when the note was cut...

Let me know if you'd like to see a picture.

Thx
Rupiah
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2013, 10:34:28 pm »

Hi! I recently found a 100$ Polymer note with the serrated edge on top, do you have any idea if this error have any value? I'm a printer and I think that this kind of error was probably made when the note was cut...

Let me know if you'd like to see a picture.

Thx

For sure please post the picture. If possible please provide the measured width and length of the note from the outside edge of the serrations.

I have seen a similar note sell for $125 on e-bay.

Also because of your printing background perhaps you can shed some light as to what might be causing it.

There was another $50 note posted on this forum although it did not have as dramatic a serration as the one on e-bay.

Wonder what paper money would say if it could talk?
Dean
  • Very Senior Member
  • GO LEAFS GO!
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 07:15:34 pm »

The Charlton Catalogue would consider your note to be a cutting error if extra material was attached in the serration.

Login with username, password and session length