Author
Topic: Exclusive! Stephen Poloz Signature - Canada's Newest Bank of Canada Governor  (Read 4677 times)
coinsplus
  • Yabba Dabba D'OH$$$
    • More about me.

Hello fellow members,

On September 18, 2013, I had the opportunity to personally meet with Stephen Poloz, Governor of the Bank of Canada.  He succeeded Governor Mark Carney, as of June 3, 2013. 

Govenor Poloz was here in Vancouver, for his first and only 2013 public address in Western Canada.  He was here talking about the "Canada's Return to Natural Economic Growth". 

During my meeting with him, he personally signed my Alumni Gazette magazine from the University of Western Ontario, which profiled an article of him just a few weeks ago.  Governor Poloz graduated with his Master's and PhD degrees in Economics from the University of Western Ontario.  We both had the same Economics professors (but graduated in different decades).   He autographed the article and his signature will adorn all future Bank of Canada bank notes.  This a FIRST, sneak peak exclusive of his signature on the CPM Forum.  

When I presented the article to him, he told me that he really did not like the photo featured in the magazine.   He said it was an old photo of him when he was President of Export Development of Canada (EDC).

I also got a nice photograph of the both of us. 

It's been nearly five and half years since I first met with Mark Carney (and obtained his autograph)!  Time flies. 
http://www.cdnpapermoney.com/forum/index.php?topic=7006.0

« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 12:28:15 pm by coinsplus »

Smile from your heart.  ;D
Seth
  • Very Senior Member

Interesting signature - I can read Stephen, but Poloz is rather illegible. I wonder if he will keep or modify it for our bank notes.

Track your Canadian currency online!

http://www.whereswilly.com
Rupiah
  • Very Senior Member

Very nice. Thx for sharing and pointing to the previous post.

Now you didn't happen to get an inside scoop on what the prefix and serial number of the first note with his signature might be? :)

Wonder what paper money would say if it could talk?
coinsplus
  • Yabba Dabba D'OH$$$
    • More about me.

Thanks Rupiah.  I did not get into a discussion about paper money with Stephen.  All economic talk, and no paper talk, unfortunately.

Smile from your heart.  ;D

Login with username, password and session length