Author
Topic: FMW, FMY, FMZ and GHA: Where Are They?  (Read 4201 times)
FogDevil
« on: October 11, 2013, 09:01:47 pm »

I checked the SNDB for the $50 notes, and for many, many months now, there have been no findings of FMW, FMY, FMZ and GHA as yet.  The only prefix after FMV is GHB, and that's as high as it gets right now.  I am wondering if virtually all of the Journey $50s are fully replaced and that may be the reason why those four prefixes in question are not appearing for some time to come, and given that the Polymer $50s have a very long life cycle, I wonder if we may have to wait many, many years before those four prefixes finally see the light of day?
mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2013, 10:27:17 pm »

What you are saying makes sense to me, and that is probably why the missing prefixes are still missing.  There is nothing inherently special about these prefixes, and it seems unlikely that the Bank of Canada will trash these unreleased prefixes just because they don't have the signature of the current governor, Stephen Poloz.  It's purely speculative what the lack of data means because there is no way to determine how many notes were printed for these prefixes.

No hay banda  

Login with username, password and session length