Author
Topic: Low/Hi confirmation with scan?  (Read 4935 times)
PaperorPlastic
« on: November 02, 2013, 03:57:19 pm »

Hi I'm not sure if this has been covered and I haven't been able to find anything so I'll ask here.

Well now that I've found some time I figure I would give the SNDB a try since I've recently gotten some M/C 5$ notes which are a hot thing right now that people are keeping an eye out for and I guess by putting them in the SNDB people will be able to more easily keep track of how many are found.  But while looking at the other denomination of notes I had that I figure I might as well enter I noticed I had a new low for a certain prefix.  I also noticed that on the SNDB some lows had scans and some did not.  Do I have to attach a scan of my note and if so how would I go about it?  I didn't enter the notes yet because I wanted to be sure of things and so I do it right the first time.  :)

BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2013, 03:59:16 pm »

If the SNDB asks you to send in a scan of your note after entering it, just email the scan to sndb@cdnpapermoney.com.  One of our volunteers will attach your scan to your note.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
PaperorPlastic
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2013, 05:54:59 pm »

Thanks for the reply.  I've entered my notes and it does ask me for a scan of one of them.  Does it have to be a scan or will a picture taken with a camera suffice?

Dean
  • Very Senior Member
  • GO LEAFS GO!
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 05:57:23 pm »

I noticed that image shack is deleting photos of the oldest H/L notes on the SNDB.  They have served notice that they are removing the anonymous posting feature on Nov 4th.

Is there a more permanent way of preserving the photos of the H/L lists?

Fenian
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Budding error and variety collector!
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2013, 09:48:17 pm »

Someone could place them into a Photobucket, Flickr or Picasa account, and one of the admins could do a local backup to their machine of the images. Or one of the members could offer space on their domain to host the images...

Error, Variety, and Special Serial Number collector
CPMS #1645
RCNA #22496

Login with username, password and session length