Author
Topic: Cutting error  (Read 5286 times)
Jay44w
« on: January 25, 2005, 09:59:36 pm »

Hey  i 'm just curious if someone could tell me something about this dollar bill?(other than the obvious) I'm not a collector by any means......thought this bill might be interesting to someone who is. tx
emsteph
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2005, 11:45:40 pm »

I'm interested, but likely can't afford it... :(

How does someone who is not a collector come about owning one of these rarities?

Lucky you!!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2005, 11:46:56 pm by sid-63 »
Jay44w
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2005, 12:21:16 am »

My Grandmother worked at Eatons in the late 60's till the late 70's and recieved the bill from a customer.
emsteph
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2005, 03:50:18 am »

My Grandmother worked at Eatons in the late 60's till the late 70's and recieved the bill from a customer.
Amazing!!

I'm sure someone will be giving you a quote on its value sometime soon.

I would consider giving you $100, but I'm sure that would be insulting. :-[ Wait and see what our fellow members have to say, and if you are willing to sell it, I'm sure someone would be glad to talk with you...as an option to ebay.  :)
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2005, 11:24:48 am »

Yet again, I seem to have the sheet layouts messed up on my website.  I can't get those two notes to line up on top of one another.  Sigh.  I wish I knew for sure what all the sheets looked like so I could replicate them.  Anyway, sorry for going off-topic.  That note (notes?) is absolutely amazing.  I'd likely pay you more than what sid is offering.  If you're interested in selling, shoot me a PM.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
emsteph
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2005, 12:46:39 am »

I'd likely pay you more than what sid is offering.
My offer was meant in jest...I wouldn't take advantage of a fellow member, especially a new one. Although truthfully, I really have no idea as to its value...but I think it safe to assume it is well worth more than $100.
Jay44w
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2005, 09:16:53 pm »

Hey

I'm not really interested in selling until i learn i little more about it.(like what its worth) How much do similar bills like this go for?Like i've said before i'm not a collector and really have no idea. Except that its more than $100. which is better than the $1.50 i thought it was worth
Tom
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS Life Member #96
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2005, 10:47:01 am »

I would estimate that it could sell for anywhere between $300-400.

Tom
Jay44w
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2005, 06:37:02 pm »

THATS IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just kiding ;)  That cool .........i've had some time to read up a bit  on the site, you guys do a great job.Who knows maybe i'll start a new hobby.  Thanks All!!!!!!!!!

Jay

Login with username, password and session length