Author
Topic: Bank of Toronto 50$ 1906  (Read 9920 times)
Norum
« on: October 27, 2014, 11:56:58 pm »

Hi all! Please help with orientation in the price. What are your opinions?

Norum
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 12:00:34 am »

Thank you for the appreciation and attention to my question.
 Sincerely yours, Norum
canada-banknotes
  • Global Moderator
  • CNA Member 21689 and CPMS Life Member 100
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2014, 12:06:46 am »

Probably would grade a VG Net (multiple annotations on front of note, edge splits).

Catalogue number:  715-22-66

Catalogue value in VG grade:  CAD $ 6,000.00

Arthur Richards
Contributor, Charlton Catalogue of Canadian Government Paper Money, 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd and 29th Edition
Pricing Panel Member, Charlton Catalogue of Canadian Government Paper Money, 21st Edition 2009
Norum
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2014, 12:11:39 am »

Probably would grade a VG Net (multiple annotations on front of note, edge splits).

Catalogue number:  715-22-66

Catalogue value in VG grade:  CAD $ 6,000.00

If the banknote to sell here on the forum, whether it interesting and at what price?
canada-banknotes
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2014, 12:24:54 am »

Only one of these 1906 $50 notes has been recorded to date.  It grades VG.

I am not sure if this is the note or a new discovery as I don't have a registry of the known serial number.

Due to its rarity, I would recommend that you have this note professionally graded and put it into an auction. 

That will probably insure that you get the maximum exposure and return.

Arthur Richards
Contributor, Charlton Catalogue of Canadian Government Paper Money, 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd and 29th Edition
Pricing Panel Member, Charlton Catalogue of Canadian Government Paper Money, 21st Edition 2009
Norum
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2014, 12:36:56 am »

Ok, maybe I'll do as you advise me, original bill in this I have no doubt.
 Thank you for the quick reply. Every time I ask for advice on the forum I always received quick and informative response.
 Thank you friends.
 With the best wishes,
 Norum
4mile123
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 01:45:12 pm »

The only note listed in the CPMS register for the 1906 Bank of Toronto $50 has serial #005587/A
so this is a previously unrecorded note. Congratulations!
Shylo
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2014, 05:11:54 pm »

I LOVE the reverse on that note...

If that's in your possession norum.. you're a lucky fella...  it's a beaut!
canada-banknotes
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2016, 07:32:37 pm »

This note has suddenly showed up on eBay and it is being sold by a seller in Kyiv, Ukraine of all places.

The image being used in the listing is the same image from the CPMF posting.

The description of the note has been cut and pasted from the posts in this CPMF thread.

Needless to say I am skeptical that this is a genuine eBay listing.  Buyer Beware !!

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Canada-50-Dollars-1906-G-VG-Dominion-Bank-of-Toronto-RARE-/201586300038

Arthur Richards
Norum
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2016, 07:19:51 am »

My dear friends!
Thanks for the recommendation to pay attention to the auction. Yes , I am still the owner of the banknote 50 dollars Toronto 1906. I am a citizen of Ukraine.
 Banknote sells my very honest friend.
Banknote sells with my consent, this is not cause for concern.
 Very grateful to you for your attention.
 Sincerely yours,
 Norum.   Smiley Smiley Smiley
Norum
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2016, 05:39:41 pm »

Today, support E-Bay sent me a message about the closing of the auction.  :)

" Hello yuraa,

After reviewing your eBay account, it looks like you haven’t followed our Currency policy. We understand that you may not have been aware of this policy or that this may have been an oversight, so we're including some policy information to help you with your future listings. We also had to take the following actions:
- Listings that didn't follow eBay guidelines have been removed. A list of removed items is available further down in this email.
- We have credited all associated fees except for the final value fee for your listing(s).
Due to regulations around the world, eBay restricts what types of currency can be listed. Replica coins are not allowed on eBay. All virtual currency must be listed in the Classified Ad format in the Coins & Paper Money > Virtual Currency category, regardless of whether the item is digitally or physically delivered."

OK, I'll make the grade, but then the sales price will be different.

Bill e-Bay removed, there were 9 observers and about 200 views within 3 days, made the warning!!! without grade can not be put!!!  :) :) :)
Sincerely yours, Norum
Norum
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2017, 08:16:18 am »

Today, support E-Bay sent me a message about the closing of the auction.  :)

" Hello yuraa,

After reviewing your eBay account, it looks like you haven’t followed our Currency policy. We understand that you may not have been aware of this policy or that this may have been an oversight, so we're including some policy information to help you with your future listings. We also had to take the following actions:
- Listings that didn't follow eBay guidelines have been removed. A list of removed items is available further down in this email.
- We have credited all associated fees except for the final value fee for your listing(s).
Due to regulations around the world, eBay restricts what types of currency can be listed. Replica coins are not allowed on eBay. All virtual currency must be listed in the Classified Ad format in the Coins & Paper Money > Virtual Currency category, regardless of whether the item is digitally or physically delivered."

OK, I'll make the grade, but then the sales price will be different.

Bill e-Bay removed, there were 9 observers and about 200 views within 3 days, made the warning!!! without grade can not be put!!!  :) :) :)
Sincerely yours, Norum

Norum
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2017, 08:20:18 am »

Hello everybody!

Norum
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2017, 05:40:39 pm »

I greet you all!
I was away for a short time and now I want to show a report on the work done. I decided to sell a few Canadian banknotes from my collection ..
In the near future I will find a resource on which banknotes will be sold. If anyone wants to participate in the auction I will let you know the place and time.
Sincerely yours, Norum

Login with username, password and session length