Author
Topic: Curious what realistic value on 1971 ten radar  (Read 3837 times)
ace21122112
« on: January 07, 2015, 04:42:43 pm »

Wondering if anyone would have an idea of value of a 1971 crow Bouey
1971 uncirculated etp 4982894 it is in a set of four consecutives 4982891 -2 -3 -4
Would they be more valuable if I broke them up? Keep 4982891 - 3 together in a set?
mmars
  • Very Senior Member
  • money is gregarious
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2015, 05:58:50 pm »

It's really tough to say whether the notes would be worth more together or apart.  And by "worth more", I mean how much they would sell for at any point in time.  Buyers can be so fickle.  The 1971 series $10 notes have a numismatic value (according to catalogue) well in excess of face value, and paradoxically, that could be an impediment to getting a good price for these notes.  Internet auction buyers seem to be interested more in low-value consecutive notes and will bid up these types of items while ignoring "good" prices on more valuable material.

I just checked the catalogue, and Crow-Bouey in Unc is $30.  Radar notes of this series are $45 in Unc, so not a substantial premium.  I think keeping them together might be the better choice because buyers trust a grade of Unc more if they see consecutive notes together.  Splitting the radar from the group might make it hard to convince fickle radar collectors that the note is Unc.

No hay banda  

Login with username, password and session length