Author
Topic: $50 missing BP#  (Read 3958 times)
Manada
  • Very Senior Member
« on: February 28, 2015, 05:45:38 pm »

Picked up this note out of a bank machine today in Niagara Falls. When looking at it by eye the BP# is missing, but I have taken a few pics with a macro lens and darkened the shots and you can barely make out the BP# 05

But always, there remained the discipline of steel. - Conan the Barbarian
Manada
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 05:47:22 pm »

Manada
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 05:48:28 pm »

Rupiah
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 08:37:53 pm »

Picked up this note out of a bank machine today in Niagara Falls. When looking at it by eye the BP# is missing, but I have taken a few pics with a macro lens and darkened the shots and you can barely make out the BP# 05

$50 from the following prefixes FMS, FMT, FMU, FMV (upto the combined printing with GHB) have this occurring in plate numbers that are 01 to 09 in selected ranges.

I have photos of several such notes and there is a good explanation for this. In the example that is shown in the accompanying image which is enlarged to show the BPN you will notice that the printing is blurry. (You can see more details if you zoom into the image shown - control and +)

you will notice there is smudging of the ink of the background around the BPN and the BPN and they kind of blend with each other. If you look at your note under the loop you will notice a similar thing.

When you look at the back side of the whole note you get a feel that it has a different tint.

A similar type of condition exists for other plate numbers but the effect is created by different conditions.

Of course all this IMHO.

Wonder what paper money would say if it could talk?
Rupiah
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2015, 08:45:15 pm »

I just noticed that your note seems to have some sort of an area with missing ink and another with more ink right between the "0" and "5" of the BPN and going downwards. It appears to be creating an impression of a red line. Not sure if this is artefact of reproduction or if is in the actual note.

Thx for sharing

Wonder what paper money would say if it could talk?

Login with username, password and session length