Author
Topic: Exciting times for $10 bills  (Read 10586 times)
JB-2007
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2019, 04:52:25 pm »

I believe too that there are many error entries in the SNDB for example the one and only FKJ note reported in the last 4 years. I am sure that there are ways it could be improved to reduce these false inputs, perhaps prompting the person to input a scan of the note when entering a prefix that has no entries. 
Beatrix
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2019, 03:02:52 pm »

Yeah I have considered that one suspect since I joined these forums. I support the idea of a pic being mandatory for new prefixes.

I also wonder the truth behind certain serial number ranges in existing prefixes with supposedly big gaps. I do wish that the SNDB info was more public than it is now, because there are a few other entries I consider to be suspect. One example is the reported EKY in 6.99m. That one is obviously a short prefix and I have only found three of them with serials starting 03, 12, 14. Based on just my own data, I find it highly unlikely that it was a 7 million run. It would be good to know if several people have found EKY in the 6 range, or if the 6.99 entry is a singular outlier and everyone else has similar data as myself.

Image uploading is as easy as ever in the modern age of smartphones. It takes me less than a minute to take a photo of an interesting bill with my phone and upload it to http://imgur.com and for people who choose not to use smartphones there is still as mentioned the scanner technology. I see no reason not to do so in the future.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 03:08:12 pm by Beatrix »
Rupiah
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2019, 06:20:40 pm »

If anyone has noticed there has been a CDF reported in the SNDB on June 5th in the 5M range which makes this prefix even more interesting to follow and still very few sightings when compared to all others (CDA-CDE)

The GPMC has provided the last prefix and serial number for CDF. By that measure the reported CDF in the 5M range would be erroneously entered or if it is indeed true then it could be very valuable.

Wonder what paper money would say if it could talk?
JB-2007
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2019, 09:51:30 pm »

The GPMC has provided the last prefix and serial number for CDF.
The BoC has never confirmed the end point of this note but would expect it to be somewhere around that of the GPMC as per observations
JoeF
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2019, 07:21:08 pm »

The CDF prefix in the 5M range in the Serial Number DB for the 2017 commemorative $10 is indeed an error.  I know because it was my error.  Please accept my apologies.  I could not find a way to remove the entry after I had added it in error.  I attempted to contact a moderator to correct the error but that has not happened yet.

Sorry again for my error entry.
admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2019, 09:22:25 pm »

Thank you everyone for pointing out some of the errors that need to be fixed.  I think what I will do is make suspect notes (first entry or new high/low) invisible in the high/low tables and new prefixes until they are confirmed by multiple users through the suspect notes section.

Users actually are prompted to enter a scan of suspect notes but the warning is only shown when the note is first entered.  Another thing I probably need to do is to make the warning more annoying and persistent until the note is either confirmed by uploading a photo or deleted.

The CDF note in question has been deleted.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 09:43:20 pm by admin »
Beatrix
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2019, 02:09:45 am »

So formal Joe, it's nothing to sweat about. That is why we have critical eyes on the data we see. Thank you for letting us know so it could be corrected.

Thanks to the admin as well. More burdens of proof on unusual info is a welcome step. Perhaps extra tools such as self-deletion within 24 hours of entry would help keep the info as accurate as possible.

I would still like to some day be able to see more of the SNDB info besides the edge high/lows. This could answer questions like the CDF and EKY issues outright without needing to speculate.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 02:20:25 am by Beatrix »

Login with username, password and session length