Author
Topic: Assistance please  (Read 5027 times)
TheBurnz
« on: January 25, 2018, 03:16:37 pm »

Hello everyone,

I am interested in paper money with solid serial numbers and low serial numbers. Example like the one I have posted.

I find it hard to find pricing on such items, I'm sure because they are rare and hard to find for sale.

Does anyone know of a catalog or website that specializes in these items.

I currently have a bid in at $450, think it will stand or should I go higher?

Thanks in advance,
TheBurnz
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 03:24:18 pm »

Sorry new on this forum, did post the picture.
TheBurnz
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 03:26:32 pm »

trying again   :-[
TheBurnz
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2018, 03:28:26 pm »

The auction says its in EF45 condition

alvin5454
  • Paper Money is art!
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2018, 07:00:16 pm »

Hello: Could you please direct us to the auction site so we can better assess the note. thanks.. al
TheBurnz
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 07:12:05 pm »

I'll post it after the auction, lol

Thats all I need is more competition. The Photo is from the site, there is no other pictures.

starting bid is $300 estimate is $1500-$2000

walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2018, 04:06:47 pm »

Hi there & welcome to the forum,

Does anyone know of a catalog or website that specializes in these items.

Most members of the CPMF will have a Charlton Standard catalogue of Canadian Government Paper Money.  You can usually buy these at Chapters, online (google Charlton Press/ or eBay) or find an older copy at the local branch of your nearby library (Reference section) to start getting ideas of the catalogue values.   All solid radars & low # notes in higher grades tend to be tough to find and quite pricey.   

I find it hard to find pricing on such items, I'm sure because they are rare and hard to find for sale.

- Yes solids (& low numbers) seem to be hard to find so you certainly have got our attention. No wonder you don't wish to divulge the auction site!  Now the good news- it's a $100 note so some collectors may not be so keen to bid on it. However when it comes to radars some collectors don't really care what denomination it is.

A solid in UNC is listed at $1300 so a EF40 should go for 60%  (or $780) so to answer your question- yes- you could go higher. Oh and it is a solid 8888888 which happens to be a rotator as well (so the competition may get stiff).

starting bid is $300 estimate is $1500-$2000
   Yes IMO - most auctioneers give inflated estimates & you've got to factor in their 15-20% buyer's premium PLUS tax (depending where you live) & they'll wrap it up in silk - just kidding- but charge you a handling fee as if they were... so always wise to take your highest bid down somewhat unless you'll be absolutely heartbroken if you don't get that note.  Shipping usually is about $15-$25 too.

Good luck!

TheBurnz
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2018, 11:53:12 pm »

Thanks for the input. I agree with your analysis except for the shipping costs. If I was re-selling and trying to make money yes of course shipping comes into affect. But if it for my collection, then I see shipping as a service rendered and beats me driving 7 hrs to go get it.

This auction is full of notes let this some in better shape, so I guess I can have another note to fall on if I don't get it.

TheBurnz
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2018, 10:19:36 pm »

Auction site for the above notes.

It starts tomorrow. Pre bids are reaching crazy numbers. good luck.

www.canadiancoinsandpapermoney.com

Login with username, password and session length