Author
Topic: Prefixes to look for in circulation  (Read 11785 times)
Marc
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2019, 08:57:45 pm »

There's 1972 $5 prefix XA.  1973 $1 prefix PA.  And the elusive 1971 $10 prefiz EET L/B signature.

Marc :)
Rupiah
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2019, 12:13:48 am »

I would not consider the HBG M/C any more valuable than five dollars (dabbling in signature collection aside) As of this writing I have seen 1699 HBG and of those 877 are M/C -

Just out of curiosity the reported number of HBG in SNDB is less than the 877 you said you have found. This would suggest that not every note that you have seen gets into the SNDB, which is okay, but just trying to understand.

Wonder what paper money would say if it could talk?
Beatrix
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2019, 04:22:37 am »

Just out of curiosity the reported number of HBG in SNDB is less than the 877 you said you have found. This would suggest that not every note that you have seen gets into the SNDB, which is okay, but just trying to understand.
You'd be correct, I do not enter my bills into the SNDB. In fact the only bill I have entered there was my recently found BSW because pickings are so slim I wanted to add mine to this site's database should it ever be useful. As it stands now I keep track of my bills elsewhere, and with the quantity I go through, it would simply be too tedious to record them in two different places. However I am sure you have known me long enough that you know I am happy to share my own data to anyone that might find it useful or interesting.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 04:24:21 am by Beatrix »
Rupiah
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2019, 08:39:59 pm »

However I am sure you have known me long enough that you know I am happy to share my own data to anyone that might find it useful or interesting.

For sure. Thx

Wonder what paper money would say if it could talk?
wagnert89
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2019, 10:56:48 am »

Dean, did you find anything exciting?
Dean
  • Very Senior Member
  • GO LEAFS GO!
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2019, 02:01:12 pm »

Dean, did you find anything exciting?

After all that, there wasn't much in the pile of 'mutilated' notes.

I did save 6 nice Journey $50 bills with Macklem-Carney signatures, a couple of nice Journey $100 and one pre-security $10 (BES).

There were no older (pre Birds) series in the whole lot.  And the Birds $20 notes were so bad, they looked like they were moldy so I didn't even touch those!

The rest were real dogs that deserved to be sent back.

There's always next time!

Dean

« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 01:11:37 pm by Dean »

Login with username, password and session length