Author
Topic: Issue2012 $20 Is this type of serial number a repeater?  (Read 4303 times)
Montreal1
« on: April 05, 2019, 08:15:06 am »

Curious about my find. Anyone want to share their knowledge?

wagnert89
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2019, 08:38:48 am »

I replied to your post in another thread then you posted it here afterwards.... This is not the right thread for this and this bill is worth $20... Go spend it
friedsquid
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS 1593
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2019, 09:13:27 am »

It’s a spender

Always looking for #1 serial number notes in any denomination/any series
Beatrix
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2019, 03:34:35 am »

While I agree with the other members who have said it's not worth more than twenty bucks, I encourage you to keep it if you think it's interesting and it makes you happy. I certainly have many bills in my own collection that have a special meaning to me and I wouldn't want to part with even if they're nothing special to others. Collecting is all about what you make of it.

That being said it is not particularly uncommon to find a 9999 bill. Trivial math will tell you that they are 1 in 10000, which makes it quite uncommon but certainly not unheard of. I go through that many bills in about six weeks and have found quite a few myself. Any more 9s though and I'd say you've got something special.

In fact I own a bill #9979999 that I found on my first day during the one time in my life I have visited Montreal, which I consider extremely special both from its number and the circumstances of finding it. Irrelevant to your question, but seeing your username, I had to share. Happy hunting.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 03:40:10 am by Beatrix »
Montreal1
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2019, 02:19:30 pm »

Thanks for the responses. Appreciated.
Rupiah
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2019, 10:38:47 pm »

While I agree with the other members who have said it's not worth more than twenty bucks, I encourage you to keep it if you think it's interesting and it makes you happy. I

Well said.

Wonder what paper money would say if it could talk?
wagnert89
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2019, 08:42:15 am »

Like the old saying goes, value is only value if the value is valued... I agree, keep this note if it makes you happy.  I would not suggest putting it up on eBay for an unrealistic price (like some people do).  I have seen "near" solids, radars and million notes that people are asking book price if they were actually the real note and they were also circulated (which makes it even more awkward)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 08:53:05 am by wagnert89 »

Login with username, password and session length