Author
Topic: 5 crisp 1973 $1 serial numbers in sequence Crow-Boeuy  (Read 7650 times)
markbukator
« on: June 11, 2019, 11:23:51 am »

I have 5 crisp 1973 Canadian $1 bills. The serial numbers are in sequence BAN5375941 through BAN5375945. It looks like they are signed by Crow-Bouey. The Queen is on the front and logging boats in the river behind Parliament Hill on the reverse. Are they worth anything more than their face value?
wagnert89
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 12:00:29 pm »

Welcome, a picture would be nice to see if they are actually uncirculated but if they are UNC then they would typically sell for $5 each
TheBurnz
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2019, 12:07:35 pm »

Hello,

Welcome to the forum.

The notes value that you are asking about will depend on condition. $1 minimum for poor condition up to $70 each for new or mint condition (no creases,folds and stains. corners very sharp ect..) These are book value. Very rare that notes sell for book value. Usually sell below book value.

But to tell you the truth, they are not in demand and are easily found. They will be hard, to find a buyer even if they are in mint condition.

My recommendation is keep if they have sentimental value, give as gifts (Kids love them) or return to the bank for face value.

Good luck.
Rupiah
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2019, 06:24:33 pm »

Put up one for sale on this forum. I will make you an offer for one of them. It kind of fits into something that I am interested in.

Wonder what paper money would say if it could talk?
Beatrix
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 01:56:50 am »

Put up one for sale on this forum. I will make you an offer for one of them. It kind of fits into something that I am interested in.
Ha, I saw the serial number and had you in mind.

Login with username, password and session length