« on: June 25, 2019, 12:09:06 am »

Are the HBZ's and HCA's both scarce?
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2019, 10:46:04 am »

Are the HBZ's and HCA's both scarce?

Hi "russ." Welcome to CPMF.  The short answer is "no" as neither prefix is scarce. As of today (06/25/19) the SNDB reports that:
HBZ - 2,584 note entered & HCA - has 2,627 notes entered by various members of the CPMF.  Such high numbers suggest they're very common.  Since you have access to this forum- you will also have access to the "Serial Number DB" icon in between "Calendar" and "Logout" icons and you can check these figures for yourself.

As far as I can tell, from the SNDB data, there doesn't appear to be any scarce prefixes for the $5 polymer.  Below are the figures for the following Macklem-Poloz HCG/HCM prefixes.  Incidentally, the "HCG" thread you posted to was created because it appeared that the prefix was delayed in terms of its release.  To give some perspective, I have also copied down the M/P HCM change-over entry:
HCG -763
HCM -854

486 of the Wilkins/Poloz HCM prefixes have been entered.  Since it was released well after the first HCM I would not consider this change-over scarce either.  The $50 Macklem/Carney GHD has 52 entries and it has been out for 7 years. Since not as many members enter $50 notes I would just consider this prefix is a "tough" one to find (or uncommon) but not scarce. 

For M/C $10 FTH (13 entered) and the M/C $20 BSW (14) [or the M/C $50 AMK & $100 EHZ] it's a different story.  These prefixes have been out for around 7-8 years & their low numbers would suggest that few were released into circulation.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 05:51:15 pm by walktothewater »

russ
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 11:53:08 am »

HBZ note 85***** is Mac-Pol.
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2019, 05:49:58 pm »

HBZ note 85***** is Mac-Pol.

-Yes, your right, guess I was still thinking about the actual scarce prefixes (BSW, FTH, GHD, etc) or had a brain fart.  HBG is the only prefix with M/C signatures. Thanks, I revised my post.

russ
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2019, 11:00:53 pm »

-Yes, your right, guess I was still thinking about the actual scarce prefixes (BSW, FTH, GHD, etc) or had a brain fart.  HBG is the only prefix with M/C signatures. Thanks, I revised my post.
HBG also Mac-Pol.
Beatrix
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2019, 10:16:28 am »

Hey russ, HBG despite being the first prefix in the polymer $5 series was actually a changeover prefix. HBG020-361 were printed as M/C, then there is a gap for some reason, then HBG47 onward are M/P. It is likely that these entered production right before Mark Carney left his post in June 2013, hence the relatively low quantity of them. However, a well circulated 3.42 million is still not something I would consider rare.

Have you found the Serial Number DB? As walktothewater said, you can find it in the navigation menu at the top, or by following this link:

https://cdnpapermoney.com/sndb/

It will have all the information you desire.
Beatrix
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2019, 10:31:40 am »

As a sidenote, here is my personal data when it comes to $5 polymer prefixes. As you can see, while some are more common than others, there is really nothing that I would consider rare. The aforementioned FTH <8.37, BSW, AMK and EKZ are the ones to watch out for.

russ
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2019, 07:10:11 pm »

Thanks for the informative response.

Login with username, password and session length