Author
Topic: Wilkins-Macklem notes  (Read 332 times)
AZ
« on: September 21, 2020, 06:14:41 pm »

This image comes from a Facebook forum. The person who reported the note found it 2 weeks ago and spent it without checking the serial number. GME may be the changeover prefix.
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2020, 08:08:42 pm »

..The person who reported the note found it 2 weeks ago and spent it without checking the serial number. GME may be the changeover prefix.
Had a Wilkins- Poloz in 4 Mil range
- I got one! GME 8957450 with Wilkins-Macklem signature. Thanks for the heads up (as it would have been spent for sure).

admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2020, 11:14:00 am »

Added Wilkins/Macklem $50 to the database.  I set the changeover to 8M pending further information.  If you find notes close to the changeover please post them here so we can narrow down the changeover point!
AZ
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2020, 01:05:46 pm »

Added Wilkins/Macklem $50 to the database.  I set the changeover to 8M pending further information.  If you find notes close to the changeover please post them here so we can narrow down the changeover point!
Last week I submitted a question to the BOC about the $50 GME signature changeover and got a response today:

Good day,
Thank you for your email.
The first $50 note printed with the Macklem-Wilkins signature pair was GME6255015.
Kind regards,

Public Information | Information publique
Bank of Canada / Banque du Canada
info@bank-banque-canada.ca
Dannyscandc
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2020, 01:16:36 pm »

I'm surprised they actually replied to your request about the changeover! Kudos to them for good public relations
Marc
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2020, 09:13:16 am »

You can see it's not the same signature sample he used a decade ago.  Very similar but not identical.

Marc :)

Login with username, password and session length