Author
Topic: 50$ 2004 cutting error  (Read 2825 times)
Cbeaulieu
  • Wiki Contributor
« on: December 05, 2021, 08:06:22 pm »

Hi,
I would like to share my little discovery.Few months ago I ask to a bank teller if she can keep to me all old notes she received she said no problem.Every weeks she have notes for me.Almost time she receive 100$,50$,20$ and a few 10$,5$,2$,..etc.All notes are circulated  :( nothing special.For now this is the only things keep my attention it's 50$ 2004 with cutting error.The notes is not in bad shape. :)
Claude

P.S. the pictures follow.
Cbeaulieu
  • Wiki Contributor
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2021, 08:13:14 pm »

Hi,

This is the pictures.

Cbeaulieu
  • Wiki Contributor
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2021, 04:56:41 pm »

Hi everyone,

Happy hollydays for all of you.
Yesterday the cash teller take me out old notes and one of the 20$ take my attetion.The security ''strip'' is around 1/4 inch more at the right.It's not a big error but I'll keep it.
Claude

Cbeaulieu
  • Wiki Contributor
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2021, 06:15:07 pm »

Hi again,
Three weeks ago a cash teller give me 460$ of old notes coming from a custumer come to deposit it.She hold it to me.
For this note I need your opinion,advice.The security ''strip'' is a part missing .I look with magnifying glass the paper is correct ,original and the back side to.If you look down where the ''armoirie''( I do not know how to call it in english) in the middle of that a part of the strip in gone but like I said the paper around is originaly no trace of falsification.Is this possible when it's time to put the stip they miss''glue''to fix well the strip?Or the strip was defect?How it's possible to know if it's real or fake error?
Thank you.
Claude 

Cbeaulieu
  • Wiki Contributor
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2021, 06:32:33 pm »

Hi,
This is a other picture.

ShareBear
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2021, 11:39:53 am »

The 50 dollars is a keeper.  It is shifted a lot to the left.  I saw a 5 dollars that was shift up without the other note showing on the bottom sell for $50 last week.

The next $20, unfortunately that is very common.  I just took a quick scan through the 20 dollar notes in my collection and can confirm that the security strip shifts. They are either left, right, or center.

The missing security strip is just erased.  If you use an eraser you can rub off the security strip.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2021, 11:45:18 am by ShareBear »

Cbeaulieu
  • Wiki Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2021, 05:09:29 pm »

Hi,
Thank you to take time for your opinion sharebear.

Claude

Login with username, password and session length