Author
Topic: Canadian Government Paper Money, 34th Edition 2023  (Read 2294 times)
canada-banknotes
  • Global Moderator
  • CNA Member 21689 and CPMS Life Member 100
« on: August 25, 2022, 06:19:54 pm »

Available October 2022

Arthur Richards
Contributor, Charlton Catalogue of Canadian Government Paper Money, 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd and 29th Edition
Pricing Panel Member, Charlton Catalogue of Canadian Government Paper Money, 21st Edition 2009
AL-Bob
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2022, 09:29:17 am »

Nice to see an oldie featured this year!  Do I get a free copy since I own the note?

AL-Bob(at)cdnpapermoney com
CanNoteSteve
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2022, 05:22:34 pm »

[ img ]http://www.cdnpapermoney.com/sndb/sigtag.php?u=swadams[ /img ]
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2022, 09:20:54 am »

I don't think there's any big "refresh" on these catalogues yearly but rather once every ___ (3-4?) years? Not sure what the exact interval is but the catalogues typically didn't change that much looking back. Books/catalogues are becoming less easy to sell so they're doing everything they can to save $.

Now the big question:
Have the editors/pricing panel addressed the scarcity (13 discovered) of Macklem-Carney FTH $10?

(They keep bumping up the BV of the more common Macklem-Poloz signature variety (688 discovered/reported as of today).

I asked this question nearly a year ago under the SNDB section:
https://cdnpapermoney.com/index.php?topic=15862.0

AZ
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2022, 01:18:14 pm »

"The book says that Tiff Macklem has been the Governor from June 2020 to date, which is incorrect as Lane has been in there for a while.  I can see if there have not been signature changes, but there have been.
You are wrong, Macklem is still the Governor. As Carolyn Wilkins left the post of Senior Deputy Governor in December 2020, Timothy Lane’s signature was used on the banknotes printed in 2021 though he technically was not a Senior Deputy Governor. The newest Senior Deputy Governor, Carolyn Rogers, started in December 2021.
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2022, 05:05:01 pm »

There have been so many new prefixes reported over the pandemic, etc. I don't see how they would not have done this.
- I am not disagreeing with you but merely pointing out what I've observed in the past. 
They did address the FTH prefix issue:

M/C is now 40 UNC and M/P is now 14 UNC

They can take 5-6 years to fix the FTH $10 (& I would be very happy to buy a $40 for an M-C FTH!) so no surprise they haven't addressed the rapid changes of the signature combos/new prefixes for the $5. The problem is they want the new editions to be ready too early too.

Login with username, password and session length