Author
Topic: be featured on the $20 bill and Canadian coins.  (Read 1582 times)
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2023, 07:29:48 pm »

Nothing really new in this article by Jennifer Ferreira.  She doesn't seem to know her subject very well when she writes that HMQEII is only featured on the single denomination (Australia $5) when we have her only on our $20. She could have drawn some parallels with both NZ & Australia.
Instead, she make this claim:
In 2018, Canada launched a new $10 bill featuring Viola Desmond, a civil rights advocate from Nova Scotia. Desmond is the first woman outside the Royal Family to be featured on Canadian currency.
...which I am assuming she snagged from her co-worker, Ryan Flanagan, who also made the same erroneous claim (when its actually Agnes Campbell Macphail featured on the 2017 $10).

suretteda
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2023, 10:54:34 am »

King Charles III will replace his mother on Canada's $20 bill following coronation

King Charles III will replace his predecessor, the late Queen Elizabeth II, on Canada's coins and $20 bill after being officially being crowned Canada's sovereign.

The process of creating a new $20 bill is expected to take a few years. Current Canadian money bearing the likeness of Elizabeth II will remain legal tender.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canadian-coronation-ceremoney-charles-iii-1.6834785
Just Bank Notes
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2023, 12:39:23 pm »

Charles might not replace the Queen on our $20!

He might not outlive the “process of creating a new $20 bill” if the current government’s long delay on the $5 is any indication.   :D
Seth
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2023, 04:17:31 pm »

He might not outlive the “process of creating a new $20 bill” if the current government’s long delay on the $5 is any indication.   :D
What IS taking so long with that anyway?!
I really like the vertical designs and how much more colour is in the Desmond $10. I find the Frontier series to be so drab. Way too much green on the $20. I'm looking forward to a new vertical $20.

Track your Canadian currency online!

http://www.whereswilly.com
Redlock
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2023, 09:10:13 am »

My thoughts exactly...

Login with username, password and session length