Author
Topic: 2023 Year in Review - Your Best Find  (Read 5642 times)
Breanna72
« on: December 23, 2023, 06:21:45 pm »

Hello Everyone,
As 2023 is coming to a close, inviting everyone to post about their singular "best find" of the year! 
One find per post.  Photos would be nice.  Post twice, or thrice if you can't decide.
Happy Holidays to All, and on 2023 a goodnight!
Breanna
Breanna72
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2023, 06:31:32 pm »

My very humble best find for 2023 is a very long consecutive run (over 100 notes, with spaces) of GEM UNC FFK Rogers/Macklem short-run of the premier prefix bearing the "Rogers" signature on Canadian notes, and a radar and repeater that came with it. (Yes I know that there is slight ink transfer on the Radar and Repeater and that it lowers the grade).  ;)

« Last Edit: December 23, 2023, 06:40:11 pm by Breanna72 »
JB-2007
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2023, 11:05:51 am »

Havent really looked much this year, perhaps my best find was the Riopelle $2 coins color and non-color. They are really nice coins. I really hope to find some 2023 King charles coins, they will likey be scarce as only small quantities will be minted. Anyone find any yet. I know there was an exchange in Ottawa a few weeks back.
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2023, 11:32:54 am »

My best find was a short run of FFK in great shape (no radar/no repeaters). That's a super find Breanna. Congrats!

I have focussed my search more on the TWENTIES & I found a couple of FZZ prefixes (with the Lane-Macklem signature) in the summer but nothing since. In fact, its been super frustrating b/c I have not seen a new prefix since August. Recently, I have received about 3-5 notes so worn out that the ATM won't take em (like when the 2013 McDonald TENS were falling apart before they finally retired them).

AJG
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2024, 07:49:01 am »

Do you suppose banks downsized their cash orders to just once or twice a year (March/April and maybe August/September) due to high shipping costs?  Or maybe the BoC decided to send out roughly a year's supply of new bills once a year due to higher shipping costs? Perhaps that could explain the lack of new prefixes nationwide since July, according to the SNDB. it may be possible that later this month, the page on the SNDB that displays the latest prefixes could be empty for the first time ever, which could be hinting that bank orders by the banks or the BoC have likely been downsized significantly.

Login with username, password and session length