Author
Topic: 2 Digit Radar find  (Read 1623 times)
Breanna72
« on: January 03, 2024, 11:45:53 am »

It's been soooo long I had to share!

Hounddog
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2024, 03:24:18 pm »

Nice find Breanna. Bonus time, it’s also a three digit repeater.😃

Cheer’s Bill

[img
Breanna72
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2024, 12:02:39 am »

Nice find Breanna. Bonus time, it’s also a three digit repeater.😃

Cheer’s Bill

Thanks Bill,
It's been so long I didn't pick-up on that.  Also, I have also found the repeaters in the attached photo recently.
Breanna

Attaching photos of other recent finds: radars, 1 broken ladder, and 1 replacement note!

« Last Edit: January 04, 2024, 12:08:58 am by Breanna72 »
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2024, 11:55:19 am »

I know what you mean by:
It's been soooo long I had to share!
I just find it too hard to recycle cash anymore. Tellers seem to be always in training & the cash is always so worn (especially the TWENTIES!).  I seldom see special numbers & have really lost interest in "the hunt."

Also, I have also found the repeaters in the attached photo recently....
Attaching photos of other recent finds: radars, 1 broken ladder, and 1 replacement note!
-The only repeater is the FFM3525352 $10
The FFM2992999 is a two digit note but needs the last 2 to be a repeater/radar
The INJ $5 is a "spender"

There's no such thing as a "broken ladder" other than what you may have heard on Youtube, eBay or social media. US  SM gurus made this term up b/c they're dealing with 8 digit notes so their frequency of hitting a "Fancy" (or special) serial number is even less frequent than for us Canucks (with 7 digits). They've made up some other terms which I won't get into.

Congrats on the 2 digit 7887887 $5 radar (they're so tough to find)!

Breanna72
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2024, 06:49:04 pm »

Thanks for telling me about those notes.  I stopped visiting a social media site that focused on U.S. notes because it drove me nuts that their terminology is so different from ours.  I don't want to keep something because it's "fancy"!!!  :P

I just find it too hard to recycle cash anymore. Tellers seem to be always in training & the cash is always so worn (especially the TWENTIES!).  I seldom see special numbers & have really lost interest in "the hunt."

I hear you on this. There can be 10 people in line, but 2 or 3 tellers are helping one customer!  On the up side, a teller trainee totally drained the two machines of FIVES for me the other day (450 notes) and for some reason I don't think a seasoned teller would have done that.  :-\  I also find that the 'shopping' season traditionally causes the banks to constantly be filling their interior and ATM machines with new notes. I've had some long consecutive runs of INM, INN, and INP (up to 115), but haven't lucked out yet on getting any that fall in the ranges for nice radars or repeaters, but it's only a matter of time now.  I'm posting some recent finds I hope might re-invigorate your interest in the hunt. When I can FIFTIES are usually in nice shape.  (Check my next post for something I've never seen before  ;)
)  Breanna

« Last Edit: January 06, 2024, 07:34:49 pm by Breanna72 »

Login with username, password and session length