Author
Topic: Consecutive Serial Number Pairs From 2 Ranges  (Read 1557 times)
Breanna72
« on: January 06, 2024, 07:01:02 pm »

Hello All,

I know that some collectors "pair" serial numbers from different prefixes and was able to "pair" a small consecutive run from the INN 6784 and INN 6785 ranges in high UNC condition (if not better).  Two notes were missing from one range leaving me with two odds.  Can anyone tell me if this 'pairing' has any collector value?  I've never seen this before.

Thank you,
Breanna

« Last Edit: January 06, 2024, 07:08:40 pm by Breanna72 »
ShareBear
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2024, 11:27:24 am »

I have seen world collectors buy matching serial number sets where only the prefix is different.  Consecutive serial numbers also have a small premium.

However I do not see much of a premium where one digit is different between the pairs.

I will save a couple of consecutive SNs if I come across a run.  I will also avoid notes with 4s and 7s since these are considered bad numbers by some Chinese collectors.

Breanna72
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2024, 08:54:27 am »

Thanks for that ShareBear!
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2024, 05:19:21 pm »

I have seen world collectors buy matching serial number sets where only the prefix is different.
+1
I've seen UK & Australian dealers sell matching SN sets (& some of the premiums aren't very small IMO). Some go for these b/c the numbers are random & many matching sets are just special number sets (like matching low # or radars).

Some collectors prefer consecutive pairs but typically they will only pay a slight premium when the pairs are from older series (as far as I know). I know a few error collectors who really dig consecutive # errors & I have bought consecutive radars once.

I will also avoid notes with 4s and 7s since these are considered bad numbers by some Chinese collectors.
It's up to you. I have often bought lower priced radars with those numbers too. Here's matching radars from the original & upgraded journey series (the 4's & 7's don't bother me at all):

« Last Edit: January 08, 2024, 05:24:04 pm by walktothewater »

Breanna72
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2024, 06:55:28 pm »

Thanks for that WTTW,
I'll put them in my "hang on to for now" pile and if I ever start an E-Bay account will list them as FANCY! LOL

BTW one more good thing about the fast turn-over of staff at some bank branches is, as staff/management turns-over, or they get promoted, it's a whole new ballgame on if staff will release paper notes from the mutilated note pile.  I've got a guy that was just promoted to branch manager and if, they even check for paper notes, they are all 'freshly crushed' when they are presented to me.  He is also against the swapping out bank notes for the same denomination and told me once that the only transactions I was 'allowed' to make at the branch were straight deposits, withdrawals, and pay bills.  That didn't fly so now the paper notes are crushed.  It's only a matter of time until 'this guy' gets promoted (or he hands me back one of my own paper bait notes that I submitted to the bank after taking photos of it, crushed), but it will never be soon enough for me! People with this petty mentality don't belong in banking.
Breanna  ;)

P.S. Beautiful Journey fives!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2024, 06:58:49 pm by Breanna72 »
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2024, 07:38:43 am »

It's only a matter of time until 'this guy' gets promoted (or he hands me back one of my own paper bait notes that I submitted to the bank after taking photos of it, crushed), but it will never be soon enough for me! People with this petty mentality don't belong in banking.

I've only encountered unhelpful banking staff recently. I hope you get someone new.

P.S. Beautiful Journey fives!
Thank you! (I got them separately so it was nice to pair/match them up)

Login with username, password and session length