Author
Topic: Recent Finds - June 10th  (Read 1869 times)
Breanna72
« on: June 10, 2024, 09:48:52 pm »

Hi All,

I've had a bit of luck finding four 4-digit radars, 2 of them low INKs.  One of them was found in a small run of what would have been UNC if they all didn't have a nice scratch out of the security strip. :(  Found two new high-notes on the SNDB in INJ and a paper 2009 ARW note, which seems a bit of an odd find considering when the note was issued.

And the saga of the INY prefix continues.  Acquired one last week from a different branch, and another today from the same as all the others bringing my total to nine notes randomly being found - one at a time (with the exception of two consecutives I have found).  I'm starting to wonder if anyone is finding runs of Rogers notes and not entering them into the SNDB because they are large?   A member from Montreal has entered a second Rogers INS into the SNDB and I am wondering if they too are getting the notes from the same branch, as I have been with the INYs?  A weird mystery on how these notes are coming out.  Any comments on this would interesting to hear.

Also got a 2011 PANAMA "1 BALBOA" coin in my change yesterday.  I knew right away the lady had not given me a toonie, but took the foreign coin anyway.  :D

That's all folks, until next time.
Cheers,
Breanna

« Last Edit: June 10, 2024, 09:56:19 pm by Breanna72 »
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2024, 05:03:40 pm »

Great finds @Breanna72.

I got my first Lane-Macklem INS only a few weeks ago but haven't seen any INY or the new prefixes you've been getting.

The 2009 Journey ARW high SN is a year change-over too!

Cool Balboa coin from Panama!

Login with username, password and session length