Author
Topic: Canadian Tire 'Money' banknotes  (Read 7430 times)
suretteda
« on: December 02, 2003, 10:06:59 pm »

Canadian Tire 'Money'™
Canada's Pioneer Customer Loyalty Reward Program

http://www2.canadiantire.ca/CTenglish/ctmoney.html
booneman
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2004, 08:16:49 pm »

i would like to know how much some ctc money is worth,for instance,olympic series,50th anniversary etc
Gary_T
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS radar member 1551
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2004, 11:03:34 pm »

Welcome booneman,This link might help you. Gary_T
http://members.shaw.ca/lfontaine/index2.html

Gary_T
JB-2007
  • Forum Moderators
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2004, 11:07:18 pm »

Charlton has a guide for Canadian tire coupons: The Charlton Standard Catalogue of Canadian Tire Cash Bonus Coupons; 2nd edition 1994, 61 pages  Its $14.95 cdn.
Actually the 1972 (50th Anniversary) is the series that is worth the most... Some of the 50th anniversary coupons were printed with black corner numbers while the others were printed with white corner number (the white being the rarest)... Just a couple of examples, the values of the 1972 $1 (white corner numbers) today ranges from $75 -$200
The 1978 olympic series are not worth as much, The 3¢ ranges from $7-$20, the 10¢ from $6-$12 and the $1 from $15-30
mctire
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2005, 08:59:18 pm »

Oops, you mean the 1976 Olympics don't you?

Mctire
Seldom_Seen
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2005, 03:09:51 am »

Good day Everyone,

I recently re-discovered a large stash of Canadian Tire Coupons I had put away years ago. Hundreds of VG and AU condition (I believe). Most of the series are covered. McTire lubritorium (serial and non-serial numbers) 5 cent to 40 cent. Store and Gas Bar coupons all the way back to series 1.
Canadian Tire has always been one of my favourite places to shop. I got my first credit card from Canadian Tire in the late 60s. All my Christmas shopping was done there that year. Appliances for everyone.
Some call CT money "funny money". Let me share a story with you...
Recently while shopping at a local Canadian Tire store, I handed the cashier some newer CT coupons which she accepted with hardly a glance, deducting the amount from the purchase total. I then handed her a "real" canadian $10 bill to pay the balance. She held it up to the light, rubbed it between her fingers, the looked at it under an ultra-violet light. It's odd how some Canadians trust the Canadian Tire Money more than Canadian government currency. Go figure!!!
McTire for Prime Minister.  

Login with username, password and session length