Author
Topic: People abuse the banknotes too much  (Read 4097 times)
CA_Banknotes
« on: May 31, 2005, 10:57:50 pm »

Not even 2 weeks after the $10s were introduced.....

At the TD Canada Trust branch near me, I got 100 circulated upgraded style $10s and 100 brand new upgraded tens.

What is disturbing, I found almost 15 notes in the circulated pile which are in very poor shape, and look like they should be destroyed.

Why do people abuse their notes like this?
Hudson A B
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2005, 06:12:56 am »

I had a lady at the bank get ALL brand new from our machine, and she held them up and then crumpled them all to heck -- because she "didn't like the feel of new money"   :o :o  
But is that not the most beautiful feeling in the world?  I was Shocked.  Absolutely shocked.

CPMS Lifetime Member #1502.
CA_Banknotes
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2005, 09:34:45 am »

The smell of new money is also great too. Don't you love the smell when fingering through a pile of new $10s?   ;)
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2005, 03:19:27 pm »

I had a lady at the bank get ALL brand new from our machine, and she held them up and then crumpled them all to heck -- because she "didn't like the feel of new money"   :o :o  
But is that not the most beautiful feeling in the world?  I was Shocked.  Absolutely shocked.

Tellers sometimes dislike new notes because they have a habit of sticking together, being difficult to count, and occasionally messing up the counting machine.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
moneycow
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2005, 03:24:08 pm »

I used to crumple notes for that very reason.  Many times I've received two notes 'stuck" together.  I have a tougher time crumpling notes now.  ;)

Login with username, password and session length