Author
Topic: Paris Show Aug 7 - CPMF table???  (Read 7632 times)
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« on: July 14, 2005, 02:28:54 pm »

This show is being run by Ted Bailey and is being held once again at the Paris fairgrounds. It's a great show with good attendance, and some excellent food.

While I was at Torex this past June, I was speaking with some fellow collectors, Dean, eyevet, sudzee and CJ_Sidewall to mention a few, and the idea was suggested that several CPMF collectors might be interested in banding together to get a table at this show. This would allow participating members an opportunity to sell any notes they wish, and also an opportunity to promote the Canadian Paper Money Forums. Although I do not have the means myself, I am hoping that we can somehow arrange for a laptop with access to the forums so that we can show guests.

I was speaking with Ted the other day and I have learned that he still has several tables available for the August show. Further, the cost for a table is reasonable at $60 or $90. I can't recall exactly which of those two prices it was, but I know it was one of them.

If anyone is interested in co-operatively joining up and getting a table at the show, please respond to this thread and give your thoughts, opinions, etc. I think this is a pretty cool idea that is definitely worth exploring.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2005, 11:59:53 pm »

Does that include power and internet access?
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 12:38:59 am »

Power, I should assume so, but Internet will likely have to be specially arranged. I'm not sure how one would actually manage to get that. We could however just have a powerpoint presentation showing screenshots from the forum.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2005, 03:09:42 pm »

Normally trade show "hosts" can provide internet, the big question is "How much". If the venue has a wireless network, you can sometimes tap into that for $10. If they have to get a union guy to drop in a cable, connect hubs and routers it gets expensive.

It's really a question for Ted to ask his venue event co-ordinator.
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2005, 10:06:54 pm »

I'll ask Ted when he returns from the CNA, but for now, we should assume that there will be no Internet access.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2005, 04:03:55 am »

Is anyone interested in pursuing this little adventure?

What's in it for you? A table at the show that you can use to sell whatever notes (or coins) you may have. A chair to rest your weary legs. A place to leave your hat, drink or stuff. Enjoyable company.

What does it cost? $90/n, where n is the number of people we have sharing in the table. Some of your time to man the table, sell your stuff and put in lots of plugs for the forum. Some time to set up the table, and take it down later.

If you're interested, please chime in and let's talk about it.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.

Login with username, password and session length