Author
Topic: Right place at the Right time!  (Read 6482 times)
nova7415
  • Errors are the best as there are only 1 of a kind
« on: September 21, 2005, 10:05:08 pm »

I guess that we have all heard about people being in the right places at the right times with respect to great deals or finds :D. Well.....today I was in the checkout of my local No Frill's store, when I noticed a comotion between the cashier and an elderly gentleman. It turned out that he was trying to pay the cashier, around 15 years old, with what appeared to be mint 1954 ones! She told him that they do not accept Canadian Tire money ::)! This man, who was 93 and only spoke French, didn't know what to do. His daughter then finally came into the store to calm him down and she only spoke a little English. I ;D....naturaly obliged to exchange his worthless :o20 ones for a 20.00. It turned out that they were mint consecutive 1967 H/P 1111811's and up. He had an envelope full of them which I offered to exchange for him.....unfortunately I only had a few bucks with me and he was very leary about coming back to my bank to get more money :'(  I was just happy to have gotten the 20 ones :D. Oh well....but that wasn't even the kicker.. :oi it turned out that this guy's daughter had arranged a family reunion here in Scarborough and he had flown in from the Gaspe area to help her and also pay for the expenses. That is when she told me that the caterer's did not want to take his 4 500.00 bills...as they told her that there were no 500.00 bills made in Canada ::) She told me after quite an argument that they reluctantantly :o agreed to take them. I tried to find out if they were the French ones, which I suspect seeing as where he was from, however she did not understand what I was trying to ask her :(. I can only hope that the caterer's knew what they had been paid!!!
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 11:24:03 pm »

FIND THOSE NOTES!!! Track down the caterer if you must, but DO IT! They're worth a fortune!

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
Skylark
  • Money Talks... but all mine ever says is Goodbye!
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2005, 11:54:09 pm »

Wow! just think of the money 4 french 500s could bring in  :o

And yes, get those notes. Go to every caterering company and bank in Scarborough if you have. But GET THEM AND SEND ONE TO ME! ;)

I collect banknotes depicting Tallships. And to a lesser degree, all watercrafts.

Login with username, password and session length