Author
Topic: B-roll tape of the $100 bank note  (Read 5337 times)
coinsplus
  • Yabba Dabba D'OH$$$
    • More about me.
« on: January 29, 2004, 04:30:59 am »

I obtained a Bank of Canada beta videotape of the new $100 notes. There is a total of 17 minutes worth of video showing the New Security Features (6.5 minutes) and more interesting, the Bank Note Production Process (10.5 minutes).  

This video was only given to the media to provide them with reference material when they discuss about the new $100 notes in their broadcast.  However, most news media, only used small clips here and there.  For the paper money collectors, viewing the tape in it's entirety from the beginning to the end would answer lots about the bank note production process.  That would certainly be cool to view.

Question for Paul W.....Is it possible to have this tape recorded in some kind of computer format and keep it on the website for other's to view?  I don't have a beta tape video player so this is kind of difficult.  Beta tapes are still used by the media because of the higher quality film.  It would be nice to have a video archive.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2004, 04:31:49 am by coinsplus »

Smile from your heart.  ;D
hockey99man
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2004, 07:26:59 am »

I believe that copies of this video in either VHS or DVD format is available for free from the BofC Education team.  http://www.bankofcanada.ca/en/banknotes/counterfeit/education/index.html
« Last Edit: January 29, 2004, 07:27:51 am by hockey99man »
admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2004, 11:01:54 am »

As luck would have it, my business converts all forms of video into CDs and DVDs. Beta is no problem.

I do have an earlier version of the DVD from the BoC, but it's just on the $5 and $10. It's not clear to me if the one you can order from the BoC now is the new one or the old one. (So I've ordered a DVD and CD and we'll see when the come in).

If it turns out that the DVD is not the same as the Beta tape, I can convert.

Have a look at Redact Conversions Canada Inc. to see what I can do. I'd love to see the Beta tape anyway. Do you think you could send it to me?

Redact Conversions Canada Inc.
6 Roebuck Street
Brooklin, ON
L1M 1B2

(don't forget to send along any of your home videos for conversion. I've just started accepting 8mm, Super8 and 16mm movie FILMS, as well as slides and digital images).

You can finally put all the slides in those old boxes into an easy to view DVD!

Paul Wallis

Login with username, password and session length