Author
Topic: TICF show this weekend.  (Read 6436 times)
rscoins
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS member 1221, ONA life member, CAND President
« on: November 14, 2005, 11:25:05 am »

Friday evening, a large amount of choice paper money being auctioned. (November 18)
Trafalgar road, at the QEW in Oakville.

A reminder for a couple of paper money people that missed the paper money auction at Torex.

Rick
rscoins
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2005, 03:50:15 pm »

Friday nite at the auction, the paper all sold very well, mostly within the auction companies' estimate, some a little higher.

Glad to see a few of the boys from this site in attendance. Nice rare note has moved to Smithville.

Rick
Tom
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS Life Member #96
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2005, 07:56:56 pm »

It is still in transit.  I hope it survives the move ok......   :-/
eyevet
  • Wiki Contributor
  • CPMS Life Member #101
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 09:01:21 pm »

I'll have to call my buddy at the post office and see if it can make a temporary stop at my house!!!! ;D

rscoins
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2005, 09:40:43 am »

Nice note on the way to Smithville. Hope the post office was prompt, as is usual.

Glad everyone from the site enjoyed the auction, it went well except for an eBay live glitch.

Rick
eyevet
  • Wiki Contributor
  • CPMS Life Member #101
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2005, 10:25:00 am »

The distinguished auctioneer was especially good!!!

rscoins
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2005, 11:11:35 am »

Thanks, I appreciate the comments about the aucitoneer.

The team (an it really is a team), was set up so that we could get throught the eBay live as quickly as is possible, while still leaving room for the electronic bidding. Linda on the keyboard knows exactly what she is doing, and communcates with me very well Marie (on my left) does the official recording and in the spotter as well (she has done the same function with Charltons and Moores).

The method of calling out the reserve to get it rolling originated with Eric, he has the only set of starting prices that include reserve, mail bids, email bids etc.

The hardest part is keeping the ebay increments correct. In a regular auction, the auctioneer generally goes about 10% per bid, but this is very much variable, and depends on the item and reaction of those bidding. No sense of going up $5 per lot when it is likely to go in larger increments. More fun if someone on the floor volunteers a higher number (which is what happened of 5 coin lots the next day)

A lot of work, but I find it enjoyable.

Rick

Login with username, password and session length