Author
Topic: Polymer Radar Addition  (Read 2893 times)
leeann
« on: February 01, 2004, 12:46:19 pm »

Just one of those things you *must* share with someone who understands...  ::)

A while ago, I added a polymer 2003 Zambia 1,000 Kwacha  radar note to my collection...
EA/03 2032302.  I have it in a set of 5 UNC sequential.  ;D
Peter_Bauer
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2005, 10:42:28 am »

Hi LeeAnn,

how popular is it to collect those "radar-notes" ?
You are number two in my radar-list.

Do you also collect other number combinations ?
Some Australian collect first and last issues, some American collect by birthday serialnumbers.

Best, Peter
Steve11
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2005, 01:53:38 am »

The Zambian notes are very colourful aren't they....my "best" world radar though has to be the two notes from Suriname...one is an older (still new though) with a bird on it (some tropical thing) and the other is the new release..still nice..much "brighter" than the Canadian notes....

My neatest find in world radar (not polymer though) was a 1955 2 1/2 Shilling ?? (going by memory here) from Tonga...numismatically the note is worth twice what I paid for it..then add on a radar premium ?? and I made quite the little deal.
kai
  • Collector of world banknotes
    • Paper Banknotes
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 07:43:27 pm »

Hi Leeann,

Even though I have so many polymer notes (world wide) in my collection, I must say that I only have few of them with radar serial numbers. It's not that I can't buy them, but somehow, one has to look at what kind of radar numbers first before paying a high premium for the note. The one you have is nice, and I think I have one (the best in my collection) is with serial 077770 (2001 Australia $5 Federation note). Unfortunately this is not the first prefix AA note.

I am aware that there are many radar notes collectors, even in Australia, but to me unless the number is nice or perhaps unique, it is not worth paying a high price for it. Of course, some radar numbers are most sought after by collectors and to me, numbers like 123321, 100001, 0001000 and others. I believe I have more repeaters (001 001) that radar notes, unfortunately these repeaters are worth less as compared to radar notes.

Welcome anyone who wish to exchange uncirculated banknotes with me. Many Thanks

Login with username, password and session length