Author
Topic: This years Christmas Party?  (Read 8044 times)
nova7415
  • Errors are the best as there are only 1 of a kind
« on: December 08, 2005, 03:12:35 pm »

With this years holiday season fast approaching I was just wondering if any of the members would be interested in going to a central GTA buffet style restaurant for a small get together? Just an idea to think about. Some restaurants that come to mind are: Tucker's Marketplace, Mandarin or any other suggestions you may have in mind. I think it would be a great idea putting some faces to the names of some of our Toronto area members :). If any members would be interested in this please just reply under this thread. Also maybe you could suggest some other restaurants, dates, times etc.? Would enough members be interested in this dinner, if so I would welcome your thoughts.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2005, 10:26:18 pm by admin »
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2005, 04:08:48 pm »

Sounds like an excellent idea!

My only input is that if I am to be able to attend, that it be scheduled for a Thursday or Friday evening, as those are my two days off. Of course if this does not work for most people, that's fine. Choose whatever works for the most amount of interested collectors.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
Tom
  • Very Senior Member
  • CPMS Life Member #96
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2005, 04:13:42 pm »

Depends on where and when.  I may be interested.

Tom
CJ_Sidewall
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2005, 06:08:23 pm »

I'm also interested.  
sudzee
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2005, 06:12:55 pm »

I'd be interested if its held on a weekday evening.

Gary
admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2005, 10:28:03 pm »

It would be nice to finally meet some of you face to face, but I'm swamped at work until the week after Christmas (and then it gets crazy again until the end of January).  :-/
eyevet
  • Wiki Contributor
  • CPMS Life Member #101
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2005, 10:37:53 pm »

I would propose Tuckers Marketplace in Burlington on Wednesday Dec 27th.

Any other suggestions?? then we can do a poll to choose.

eyevet
  • Wiki Contributor
  • CPMS Life Member #101
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2005, 10:40:32 pm »

oops  Wed Dec 28th

nova7415
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2005, 02:03:41 am »

So far it seems that I am the only member, other than all the CPM administrators and moderators, who I would expect know each other to see. Unless I get some more replies from some more members I will wait and see until Monday. I think the best day would be a Thursday night, so Brent can attend, now all that's needed is a suitable location. Living in Scarborough....Burlington would be a bit far for me however I'm not sure where everyone else lives? We would all have to agree on a restaurant, within an area, which would be central to our homes. Maybe setting up a poll or getting together in the new year would suit more members? I will post an update early next week. Thanks to all for your interest.
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2005, 12:18:23 pm »

I'm in Kitchener. My radius of travel for such an event would include Mississauga, Burlington, Hamilton, Woodstock, Brantford, Cambridge, Kitchener, Guelph, Milton, etc.

Tom is out towards St. Catherines. eyevet is in Oakville. sudzee is in Guelph/Georgetown. CJ_Sidewall is in Mississauga.

I've dined before at the Burlington Mandarin, and the Mississauga Tuckers, both of which I enjoyed very much.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
admin
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2005, 10:03:11 pm »

Of course, I'm out north of Whitby.  :-[
nova7415
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2005, 03:21:52 pm »

First off I would just like to thank everyone for their thoghts and input :). I can see that the majority of interested members are all west of Toronto, so what I would like to suggest is that we wait until the next Torex show, auction or similar event in the new year and try to arrange a dinner/getogethter coinciding with that event. I recall attenting one show, that was held at a major hotel, in Oakville a couple of years ago...that would have been the perfect time had I thought of this idea back then :(. Hopefully the calender will be back on the site by then so that we can watch for upcoming shows and such. Until later I would like to extend to everyone Best wishes for a super holiday season and all the best for the New Year 8-).
« Last Edit: December 13, 2005, 03:23:31 pm by nova7415 »
sudzee
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2005, 05:16:28 pm »

The CAND show in Hamilton, Jan 27-29, is the first show in the new year. A few of us members get together for lunch on Sat. Hope to do it again this show.

Gary
nova7415
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2005, 02:45:33 pm »

Hi Gary: Sounds like a good idea and plan. Could you please keep us up to date with regards to times and locations. Hope to see you there :).
Hudson A B
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2005, 02:52:42 pm »

If there is anyone out Alberta Way that would like meet up after the New Year I think that would be a very nice thing too.
I know there are a number of us in Edmonton/Calgary and surrounding area.

I am new to Edmonton, and don't really know where is where for good places to go, so I can leave that to others who are interested.  
Why should the Easterners have all the fun! ;)

Regards,
Hudson

CPMS Lifetime Member #1502.

Login with username, password and session length