Author
Topic: Original $10 Journey market performance  (Read 3328 times)
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« on: April 13, 2006, 01:41:05 pm »

I just added a post to the "Sawbucks" thread started by Hudson regarding the nature of our searches for old $10 Journey notes.  I then found myself digressing on the "market performance" or collectibility of these notes so I thought I'd start this new thread to get an idea of what others feel.

Has anyone noticed how these notes are just going up rapidly in value?

It seems like Charlton is always behind, and I even noticed that stores, shows and dealers seem a bit behind on this trend.  Just look at what a 2001 FEE note will fetch.  Or an UNC K/T FDY?  Not to mention the 2003 notes which (do to scarcity) everyone is getting wise to.

Now it seems everyone is stocking up on the $5.00 getting ready for their new incarnation (modification) due this fall.  Although I'm not as keen a collector of these notes, they too have interesting qualities.  The BABN have been out of the picture since the AOA- AOF series, the AOB replacement commands a lot, as does the AOF (short prefix), the JD replacements, and the HOH.  

The paper quality of all these notes seem poor.  I regret throwing an FMI $50 (9 million suspected insert) back into circulation becuase it had a pin hole even though it was crisp and AU. But now I cannot find one.  The info over what's what keeps pouring in but I suspect these modified versions will do well too, since their paper is so poor, wrinkable, and easy to tear. I've been having a hard time finding FEV, FER or any other replacement $10.  Twenties in good shape are also hard to come by.

Any comments?

Anyone still trying to sell Bird notes and wishing they got more into the Journey series?  The only exciting Birds seem to be the AU $2 notes, the early Crow Bouey $5.  With the exception of the BDH TC and the B/T ATX there's not much interest in the $10's. The $20 seem to be so cheap, and continue to sell that way.

Anyone?

JB

X-Savior
  • Very Senior Member
  • Been There, Done That.... Wanna do it again?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 01:45:37 am »

Hi There,

You bring up interesting points. Yes there seems to be a rapid increase in the trend.  :o

It does bring hope. I myself am going hard on new bricks to stock up on Inserts, Radars and Ink Errors (Esp. The $5 Notes).   ;)
I am waiting to see what the new books brings, then sort through, refine the collection and sell remaining stuff.

I assume others are sitting on some nice stuff waiting....  :-/

Sorry Ladies...I am now a Married Man!!!

Login with username, password and session length