Author
Topic: EXACTLY how rare are 2003 $10 "lost prefixes?"  (Read 3952 times)
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« on: June 03, 2006, 08:24:36 pm »

I am just wondering if there is a need for a "BRICK" register so we can get a handle on how rare the 2003 notes are:

What I believe we know:
  • The majority of 2003 $10 Journey notes were released in early 2005
  • BEN was a full run and most bricks got out. Were any bricks of BEN recalled?
  • Bricks of BEM were searched and that is where the 03 J/D BEK inserts were found
How many bricks of BEM got out? Were any recalled? the high-lows reportings seems to suggest only ranges released

What we don't know:
  • the status of the so-called 2003 BEK "NON-Inserts" (notes that fall outside the insert ranges)
  • Were any bricks of 03 BEK found or searched?
Of the so-called 1.4 M notes: Does anyone have a good estimate of how many 2003 BEK got out?

Were any bricks of BEL or 2003 BER found?  (apparently not according to most sources)
Can anyone add info here?

What we know:
  • A few bricks of BEP were seen:
  • Most BEP notes were recalled

Finally:
  • Some bricks of 2004 BET were seen in Quebec and the eastern provinces (also released before the new 2005 issue)
I wonder how many bricks were seen?

Should we have a register of how many bricks were searched (so we get an idea of how many were recalled)?

This might give us a better idea of the last $10 Journey notes rarity
(1 BEP just sold for $47 US on eBay recently-- so maybe their rarity is becoming known)

[highlight]Information on any of the above queries is welcomed[/highlight]

Thanks in advance!

X-Savior
  • Very Senior Member
  • Been There, Done That.... Wanna do it again?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2006, 02:14:10 am »

The Only bricks I ever got were BEY and BEZ.  :-/

Sorry... :-[
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 02:14:45 am by X-Savior »

Sorry Ladies...I am now a Married Man!!!
Hudson A B
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2006, 12:44:15 am »

Got my BEP bricks TWO WEEKS before the recall date.  Sent them back before I realized what I was doing. 4 of them, producing 4 radars (The only 4 known).  All notes prior were mostly BEM and BEN, and even FEC a few times (2001).  
I think that these may be some impossible questions.  For example, there are a number of people that are not online that do brick research/ordering.  Maybe not impossible, but certainly a huge task to try out.

CPMS Lifetime Member #1502.
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 12:05:09 am »

I did not see any $10 BEP for sale at the Torex.  I sold 3 of the notes you sold me to Don Olmstead.  He didn't know much about them, but fortunately Brent backed my claim to their scarcity.  

Saw no 2003 BEK though 2 were snapped up by Oli1001 at the TNS Hamilton show last month.  I also got 1 from Sudzee. Been asking around, and a lot of collectors don't seem to have them.  Sudzee is certain they'll see major gains in next Charlton.  I haven't heard of anyone searching a BEK brick but I may be wrong.

No BEL at Torex either.  I'm told (by a good source) that there are a few on this forum who are holding 10 or more.  No 03 BER at Torex-- but Oli1001 claims to have seen one which was not for sale.  My best guess is everyone's holding out until the new book comes out at the Fall's show.

I know its a tall order to enquire about the extent of a prefix searched.  I'm still hopeful that some CPMF members (or guests) will contibute some insight on this topic/thread.

Login with username, password and session length