Author
Topic: La Banque de La Republique du Quebec  (Read 4982 times)
Bernard_Schaaf
  • Paper Money is art!
« on: June 13, 2006, 10:18:47 pm »

Today  on  E-Bay  I  found  (item # removed)  a  green Une Piastre  note  of  this  bank.  One  the  basis  of  style  and  clothing  it  looks  to   me  like a  political  item from  somewhere  from  the  60's  to  the  80's.  I  am  wondering  whether  I  should  include  this  item  in  my  collecionof  images.  Can  anyone  tell  me  by  whom,  when,.  and why  this  thing  was   made?   The  Pequistes  perhaps??
         Also  today  on  E-Bay  (item # removed) was a  set  of  four "Quebec"  notes,  $2 $5  $10  and  $20, in the  style of  the  Birds  of  Canada  notes,  but  with  various  portraits  on  the  fronts  and  with
frogs  and  QUEBEC  across the  skyline on  the backs.   This  also  appears  to  be  a  political  item,  but  probably  from  a  different source.   Anybody  out  there  know  about this  one?
                                   Thank  you  all  for your  help.                       Newcomer  (Bernard  Schaaf)
[hint]Can't link to eBay auctions, name sellers, or provide eBay item numbers.[/hint]
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 10:56:51 pm by BWJM »

Login with username, password and session length