Author
Topic: What Should the Sigs be???  (Read 5369 times)
cdn_guy
« on: March 02, 2004, 04:05:14 pm »

What are the proper signatures that should be on the new $100??
Is there a chance we will see different ones when they first come out? Is it also possible for inserts to be released in the first batch also?
Feeling the excitement build up for myself and everyone else as well, is the going to be a seperate section for the new $100s of what was found on the first day?
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2004, 06:15:20 pm »

I have seen pictures of Knight/Dodge Journey $100s in some of the propaganda released by the Bank since the official announcement.  That proves that they exist.  Now, that said, I highly doubt any will hit circulation and if they did, it would be a very small run.  This presents an issue... Should we declare BC-66a as Knight/Dodge and BC-66b as Jenkins/Dodge?  Or should the K/D notes be largely ignored and start BC-66a with J/D?  Good question.  A question that only time will reveal the answer to.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
jonathan
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2004, 06:57:26 pm »

JPH is a test note prefix.

As for the signatures, according to coinsplus, the first prefix to be released on the new $100's will be EJA, and they will be the Jenkins/Dodge prefix.  The Knight/Dodge prefix will possibly be on the BJY $100 Lasting Impressions sets.

You can find all that and further information in the $100 notes section in the "Highs and Lows" category of the forum.

Jonathan
Martin
  • Global Moderator
  • CPMS member 1494
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2004, 08:37:53 pm »

If the Knight/Dodge signature on the new $100 is only found in Lasting Impressions set that would be an excellent collector's item.  ;D

Login with username, password and session length