Author
Topic: Austrialian Polymer notes.  (Read 5193 times)
JohnnyG5
  • Paper Money is art!
« on: August 05, 2006, 12:08:08 pm »

Hi All:

Just received from a developer friend in Australia 2 Unc notes ($5 and $20).  Very, very nice. The portrait used for Queen Elizabeth on the $5 must be the same one used for our Birds $20.  

Here's the front and back of the $5.

Here's the $20 - I'm guessing it's the front....as it has the signatures on it. And the back...
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 09:15:52 pm by BWJM »

Paper Money is Art!
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 07:57:23 pm »

Those are gorgeous notes!  The designs are complex yet well integrated, the colours are vibrant, and the notes are simply stunning to look at.

The portrait used for Queen Elizabeth on the $5 must be the same one used for our Birds $20
 I doubt that Canada and Australia would swap portraits of the queen (no matter how conservative and chummy chum our 2 PM's appear to be!)  The queen (has less profile) is facing more on our $20, but does appear as youthful.

What kind of symbols are in the watermarks?  Do you know who the 2 figureheads are on the $20's?

You sure have a good "mate" down under...!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 07:58:55 pm by walktothewater »

JohnnyG5
  • Paper Money is art!
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 08:06:26 am »

The $5 note has eucalyptus leaves in the window. The $20 has a nautical compass, with 20 embossed into the window.  As for the portraits on the $20, I haven't got the foggiest. I'll email my contact 'down under' and see if he can find a URL or something.

John

Paper Money is Art!
arjay
  • Time flies like an arrow.Fruit flies like a banana
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2006, 09:08:12 pm »

Try the Reserve Bank of Australia site:

www.rba.gov.au/CurrencyNotes

Rick

Login with username, password and session length