Author
Topic: Silver Certificate  (Read 7157 times)
hanmer
« on: August 22, 2006, 12:56:15 am »

I have come into possession of a 1935 E Series Silver Certificate hand signed by the Secratary of the Treasury John W Snyder, in UNC condition. Not able to find anything on the internet as far as a value. In addition were two letters one from the Secratary himself also hand signed. Looks like it a thank you letter to someone for donating coins to the Trueman Library. Very cool piece.

[smiley=beer.gif]

:)
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 01:14:22 am »

I have no idea as to this piece's value, but if it is for sale and you have any idea what you want for it, let me know.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2006, 01:14:39 am by BWJM »

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
hanmer
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 12:23:29 pm »

I appreciate the offer, but must decline. As a historian by training (and a Systems Administrator by profession, go figure) it is a piece I intend to keep and display at a later date. Will go along with a couple of other intersting historical pieces I've accumulated thus far. The prize in my mind being The Globe dated July 1/1867. Just trying to establish an approximate value for when they pass to my children, or (hopefully) grandchildren. They may not care so much for the historyof them.

[smiley=beer.gif]

:)
jasper
  • Paper Money is art!
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2006, 03:14:39 pm »

Post some details of the note. Grade, denomination, picture, etc so someone can give you a catalog value.
jasper
  • Paper Money is art!
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2006, 03:25:05 pm »

Sorry I missed the UNC part. I presume it is a $1 Silver Certificate. The 1935E series was signed Priest - Humphrey, cataloguing at US$8 for UNC. Why would Snyder autograph a note signed by someone else?
Unless this is the 1935D series, signed Clark-Snyder which is 10-12 in UNC.

As far as being autographed, I paid US$100 in the past for an autographed note 1963 FRN so if autographed by the Secretary of the Treasury, it would be worth at least about $100 (to me at least).

Login with username, password and session length