Author
Topic: Which prefix will be the better one?  (Read 6332 times)
cdn_guy
« on: March 18, 2004, 05:23:33 pm »

So Far we have heard of  EJA, EJE and BJY which one would you rather have and why?
I guess we won't know until a little bit later....
Kelly b.
  • CPMS #1356
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2004, 06:31:13 pm »

Unless you collect by prefix (yowzzza! 100's would be expensive!), each of the prefixes are equal in my eyes.

The first notes of a new series.... I cannot imagine why they wouldn't issue the full compliment for each prefix.

There is a thin line between 'hobby' and 'mental illness'.
canada-hongkong
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2004, 08:14:01 pm »

Seems EJE is better so far, it seems rare and only Dean got them, EJA seems pretty common, all the banks I went to had EJAs in their drawers.
BWJM
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2004, 08:29:22 pm »

My guess is that EJE is being used as inserts, but I can't prove or disprove that.  EJA and BJY appear to be being issued simultaneously.  I guess this marks the first time that both printing companies have simultaneously printed anything higher than the $20 note.

BWJM, F.O.N.A.
Life Member of CPMS, RCNA, ONA, ANA, IBNS, WCS.
President, IBNS Ontario Chapter.
Treasurer, Waterloo Coin Society.
Show Chair, Cambridge Coin Show.
Fellow of the Ontario Numismatic Association.
jonathan
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2004, 05:51:55 pm »

I think that any Journey $100 prefix beginning with printer letter "E" seems like the better ones.  I am getting kinda tired (yawn) of AJ*'s and BJ*'s - can't wait to see the EJ*'s come out to our neck of the woods soon.  All the new $100's out here in St. John's, NL have prefix BJY in the 3-Million range.  Even seeing BJY's above 3-Million would be great.  I have seen AJ*'s and BJ*'s for the past 20+ years - I think the CBN $100's will have the best prefixes yet.  There have never been any CBN printed $100's until just recently.

Later, Jonathan
gus5pin
  • Paper Money is art!
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2004, 01:09:42 am »

BC

Contact 54Devs I believe he still has a few EJE's to get rid of and as of last night he was just gonna crumple them and pass them on.

Just a thought!  ::)

54devs
  • Only money will help me now !!!
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2004, 12:01:44 pm »

Yup!!  ;D
funky_phantom
  • bill collector & more
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2004, 02:43:54 pm »

Well just for the record here in the far out north-west part of this great land we call home, I believe the BJY prefix would be just as good as the possible EJE Inserts I obtained here on this site.

The reason behind my opinion is that BJW is where the Bird series left off and the new Journey notes started from. I have only been able to get and or see notes in our banks ect... that have the EJA & EJB prefix. I would like to accquire a BJY that has a couple of zeros leading off the serial number similiar to the ones that were reported to be  around BJY 0024997.
But I havn't even seen anything remotely close to these ranges so I sit and keep wishing for the BJ*'s series to be released here. As far trying to accquire one of these from the great auctionhouse we know & love to hate, well for the price I'll just sit and wait to see if any come my way.
I love to search for replacements & / or inserts in the hobby of collecting notes and personally think the BJ* will be far fewer in circulation than the EJ*'S.

Marc
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2004, 07:53:16 pm »

I wonder if we'll see BJZ...??

Marc :)

Login with username, password and session length