Author
Topic: SPECTACULAR BIRDS $5 ERROR NOTE  (Read 3557 times)
venga50
  • Very Senior Member
« on: September 28, 2006, 10:57:16 pm »

I wasn't sure whether to post this under "What's it worth?" or this section, but I think this section might be more appropriate.  I'll leave it to the moderators if they want to move it.

Anyway, I've got a chance to make a deal concerning the note pictured below.  I've got two questions:

1) Is the $900.00 value quoted in Charlton's 19th/2007 edition a fair indication of the market value?  Somehow, I think not...

2) Does the fact that this is the very note pictured on page 370 of Charlton's 19th/2007 edition suggest that a premium should be added to the value?

You will see the full-sized images by clicking on the thumbnails below:

Mikeysonfire
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 12:22:43 am »

I was talking to a dealer months back and he said that people will pay more for a note if it's the same one that they used in the Charlton's book.
Archey80
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 11:22:16 am »

Hey,

How would you go about getting a note put into Charlton's book? I have 5 major error notes one must be good for the book?

Arthur

CPMS Member 1564
Mikeysonfire
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 02:26:44 pm »

How would you go about getting a note put into Charlton's book? I have 5 major error notes one must be good for the book?

I don't know how you would do it. But there is the editorial office number and email on the 2ed page of the book. Maybe you can talk to them if they want the notes in the book.

Login with username, password and session length