Author
Topic: A suspicious BFK $1 cutting error.  (Read 3881 times)
Punkys Dad
  • Very Senior Member
  • I keep my $1000 bill collection at Squid's place
« on: October 24, 2006, 11:52:47 pm »

Since Arthur's spectacular errors got me thinking more about erors I happen to come across this note on 'guess where'? I was tempted to make a fair bid on it but I checked and discovered that this BFK prefix was sold as sheets back when the BoC phased out the Ones. How could I tell if this was the real thing or a manufactured cutting error?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Teeny guy on my shoulder sez, It's only money mon
Oli1001
  • Very Senior Member
  • www.CanadianCurrency.ca
    • Canadian Currency
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 12:11:19 am »

If the individual creating the cutting error is talented, then it may impossible to tell if it is fake or not. Personally I would not buy an error if it had the potential to be manufactured (by the prefix), simply not worth the risk. Just my two cents.
Punkys Dad
  • Very Senior Member
  • I keep my $1000 bill collection at Squid's place
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2006, 02:06:30 am »

Thanks for the directions, checking the technicals page BKA to BKF were printed to it's fullest extent p289. On p294, they only mention serial numbers of the last four sheets of both printers along with the total sheets printed and delivered 114516 sheets. But no breakdown of the actual ranges per sheets per prefix. I guess without that information I should be better passing off this buying opportunity. With so little time left it appeared that so did everyone else. I think the note passed unbidded. Whew....

Teeny guy on my shoulder sez, It's only money mon
walktothewater
  • Very Senior Member
  • Join the Journey
    • Notaphylic Culture
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2006, 01:12:57 pm »

I posted a "GUIDE" on eBay explaining this phoney "cutting error" phenomenon which seems to be on the rise.  
I got the idea from BWJM who did an excellent job with the "Gold Flag" Guide. However my Internet skills aren't the same as BWJM's so the guide might not be as clear as it should be (or as well illustrated).  
I encourage all members to be viligant of such "rip-offs" simply to deter those few who exploit others.  If you spot something, and its confirmed here as unscrupulous, post a guide.

emsteph
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 11:52:04 pm »

At $15 I would assume the seller was selling this as a novelty item, not an error note.
buxvet
  • Is there anybody in the ceremony is about to begin
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2007, 12:23:13 pm »

It's manufactured IMO
way oversized vertically

Login with username, password and session length