Author
Topic: AOH (9.240M - 9.280M)  (Read 12238 times)
X-Savior
  • Very Senior Member
  • Been There, Done That.... Wanna do it again?
« on: January 18, 2007, 01:44:25 am »

Has Anyone actually found any AOH (9.240M - 9.280M) Inserts?

I am curious about what serials numbers anyone has seen. I have asked around and no one has seen any of these inserts.

They seem like a difficult range to get....  :-/

Sorry Ladies...I am now a Married Man!!!
Hudson A B
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 11:20:53 am »

An AOH insert recently went for $113+ on ebay.  :o   Not sure the exact serial number.  I do not know how scarce AOH are.

CPMS Lifetime Member #1502.
X-Savior
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 04:43:59 pm »

WOW!!!!  :o

I would like to know what range it was....

I am trying to put together an idea how many notes are actually in this range. I would GREATLY appreciate if anyone can forward Serial Numbers to me for a Database. I do not record who has what notes. I just want serial numbers with Front & Back Plate numbers.

The Range is 40,000 but I think the actual number of notes is VERY small.  :-? They might be comparable to the 2002 $5 HOG (High Range) Inserts I think.

Anyone with information please PM me.

I appreciate it.

Hudson A B
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 12:03:39 am »

PLease keep in mind that some AOK inserts have been found in sections of sheets, and then as singles, meaning that the cousin notes in the sheet did were not replaced in other bricks. Very weird. The AOH could be the same way. Too early to tell.

X-Savior
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 12:07:52 am »

Very Interesting.

I have started the Database. I have had some feedback but I am keeping track of all Serials in this range found.

8-)

50monarch
  • Every note gets me one step closer to Cayman
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2007, 08:51:52 pm »

canada-banknotes posted a note about the ranges under the inserts and replacements section of this forum...see his comments below (I removed the notes about the AOK ranges)
http://www.cdnpapermoney.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?num=1166273144/1#1

These ranges will appear in his January 2007 list and will subsequently be uploaded to the Wiki site.

AOH     9.225M - 9.315M        90K  
AOH     9.495M - 9.585M        90K  

The following ranges are "suspected ranges" but have yet to be confirmed:

AOH     9.855M - 9.900M        45K  

The AOH inserts are still being found across Canada so ranges could change or combine as future finds are reported.

Hope this helps you range finding. ::)
Fenian
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Budding error and variety collector!
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2007, 09:30:30 pm »

AOH9252773 found (and purchased) on EBay. Found in a brick between AOJ9372416 and AOJ9372418.

Fenian

Error, Variety, and Special Serial Number collector
CPMS #1645
RCNA #22496
Hudson A B
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2007, 11:41:59 pm »

These ranges will appear in his January 2007 list and will subsequently be uploaded to the Wiki site.

AOH     9.225M - 9.315M        90K  
AOH     9.495M - 9.585M        90K  

The following ranges are "suspected ranges" but have yet to be confirmed:

AOH     9.855M - 9.900M        45K  

Just to be clear on this for everyone, these ranges which were provided as tentative ranges, from Gilles given to canada-banknotes, have in fact been scaled down to ranges of 40,000 (from 45,000).  The above information was given out a matter of hours before I sent my research to Gilles regarding the evidence of the sheets containing 40 notes (as opposed to 45), which has been confirmed and approved after close analysis from what I understand.

That is the great part about this hobby- the hard work that many people put into this. When we all
do our part and work together, we can maximize accuracy.  This is a specific pat on the back to all brick searchers and researchers for helping us learn more about our notes.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 11:42:54 pm by hudsonab »

X-Savior
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2007, 12:48:24 am »

I want to thank everyone for passing on the information to me.  :)

Keep it coming!

Please report Note Replaced, Plate numbers (Insert and Notes Found in) if possible.  ;)
This will help determine if they are Single Replacements or Sheet Replacements.

I am starting to get a picture of what is going on but I need more notes to fill in the gaps.

Keep Up The Good Work! So Far EVERY one of these notes have been found ONLY in AOJ Prefix Bricks. I would like to know if any are being found in AOK? From what I understand AOK are being found in AOK. So that leaves one more, AOH????

Does anyone have any preliminary information for AOH Inserts being found in AOH Bricks?

Thank You Very Much!
Cam
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 01:17:56 am by X-Savior »

Hudson A B
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2007, 01:54:42 pm »

For anyone who is finding replacements, the info as Cam mentions should also be reported to sudzee.  Exactly as described; brick, note removed, note replaced with, and fp/bps of both.

From that point, finds are compiled analyzed, by numerous people, including at least one regional director of the Canadian Paper Money Society.  Brick searchers, this is the chain of information processing that should be happening.  This is the route that will confirm, validify, or even prove/disprove claims of findings (having to so with sheet inserts and single inserts).  Please ensure you send brick information to sudzee in addition to whoever else.

For the record I have found one AOH in and AOK brick. Infact, within one BUNDLE, I found an AOH insert, AND an AOK insert. Brick was shrink wrapped upon start of research.

I had cousin bricks of this said one above, which were not missing the corresponding sheet notes, therefore showing that BABN is replacing $5s in singles as well as sheets.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2007, 03:46:34 am by hudsonab »

Dr.Bill
  • CPMS Member 1520
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2007, 11:16:19 am »

Why the intere$t in AOH 9.240 - 9.280? Why not AOK 1.88 - 1.92, AOK 2.84 - 2.88 or AOH 9.46 - 9.52?
These are relatively new inserts and are still being discovered. Compiling data and a registry on these notes makes no sense at this stage. The information gathered today will have little or minimal significance on the overall picture of these inserts in the future.

For people who like to gather data on recent $5 and $10 inserts, here is a list of notes that are highly sought after by collectors. Gather information or do a registry on these notes instead.
HNM 2.14 - 2.16, HNM 2.44 - 2.46,  HOG 9.92 - 9.94, HOP 0.92 - 0.94, BEV 0.023 - 0.033,
BEV 0.777 - 0.787 and FEP 0.068 - 0.101.

$o my question is why AOH 9.240 - 9.280?
Got to go now. My spidey sense is tingling!
X-Savior
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2007, 02:04:31 pm »

Hi Dr. Bill

The reason for do the research on this range is due to the very limited number found. it is also the FIRST range in the new Notes. Traditionally if you look back it seems to be an important range.

Also to the fact that prices are getting high on on these notes fairly quickly so there might be a reason for it.

I have chosen this range because no one else is going it either. There has been favorable Interest in doing this range and have had the co-operation of almost everyone.

If you have Information to share it would be greatly appreciated.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 02:05:29 pm by X-Savior »

Dr.Bill
  • CPMS Member 1520
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2007, 02:39:59 pm »

Hi X-Savior,

Your explanations are full of holes!

The inserts are just starting to come out for this new series, so I don't know how you can determine it's very limited!

One AOH (9.240M - 9.280M) insert sold for $54.00 Cdn yesterday on ebay, and it includes 2 shoulder notes. I don't see high prices.  Ebay #170073689526  

Importance is not determined by being FIRST, unless you are in a race. Importance and significance in this case are determined by supply and demand. it's the law of economics.

You are doing this range because no one else is doing it. That's interesting.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 02:57:38 pm by Dr.Bill »
X-Savior
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2007, 04:08:51 pm »

Well,

Dr. Bill, you can pay whatever you wish to pay for these notes. Charlton is just a guide and so is trend. It does not mean you HAVE to pay that for an item.

Right now ebay is very slow. I would expect lower prices on many items. Good chance for you to get some great deals.

I will continue collecting information on this insert range. I am not sure why you seem to object to the collection of information on these notes. If anything it may prove these notes not to be as rare to first thought. I want to know either way, and so do many other people.

If you wish not to help, no one is forcing you.

As a community there has been very positive feedback regarding the investigation into this Insert range. So I will continue.

Thank you for your time.

Cam

Dr.Bill
  • CPMS Member 1520
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2007, 05:24:45 pm »

I am not objecting to information gathering on these AOH (9.240M - 9.280M) or any other inserts.
I am a very open minded person. I am just curious to know why it's only AOH (9.240M - 9.280M).
There are better inserts to devote your time to!

What I am objecting to is the false assumption you made and the hype that goes with it!

Login with username, password and session length