Author
Topic: AOH and EZP  (Read 4613 times)
Cbeaulieu
  • Wiki Contributor
« on: February 25, 2007, 11:06:24 pm »

Hi,
    I would like to know about AOH prefix,are they only insert or all the serie will be out?And about the 20$ EZP,it's hard to found here near of Mtl.elsewere the EZP it's easy to find?Last week I found in a little bundle(100) of 5$ AOJ3948...a AOH 9421...,it was the 27 note in this package,I know I can confirm it's insert because it's not a full brick of 1000 notes.But I would like to share this information.How can I know it's a real insert?If someone would like to tell is impression or information it will be apreciate.
                          Claude
X-Savior
  • Very Senior Member
  • Been There, Done That.... Wanna do it again?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 01:34:42 am »

Yes, You have yourself a real Insert. That AOH Range is being found in bricks of AOJ. Good Find!  :)

There are now 3 Confirmed ranges of AOH Inserts, and one range will now be slightly changed due to some recent finds.

Not all AOH are Inserts. That was an early impression but I have had bricks of AOH and sometimes they contain AOH Inserts on occasion as well. The prefixes that do not seem to be in circulation yet that do exist is AOF and AOG. Something is strange about these, i think the BoC is up to something (Possibly similar to the Last Impressions Sets or something). Only time will tell.

As for the $20, possibly Someone else can shed some light???  :-/

« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 01:35:29 am by X-Savior »

Sorry Ladies...I am now a Married Man!!!
Hudson A B
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 04:55:51 am »

According to Gilles, the ranges for AOH will be
9240-9280
9440-9560
9840-9920 on the next list.
However, I would expect that yours is among newer findings that may yet be comfirmed by enough searchers.  As of 2pm this afternoon, the above is what is going to the presses.

Hold on to the note, I would expect that range (9400-9440 if it was full sheet replacements) to be added eventually.

If anyone has more information on this range, please send it to Gilles or to sudzee or to myself, and I will forward it to them.  X-savior, if I dig up any news on these, I will send it to you as well.

H

CPMS Lifetime Member #1502.
X-Savior
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 10:06:19 am »

Yes, The AOH Ranges did change slightly but one of the big news was after a recent discovery I made, I talked to Gilles and the Highest AOH Range now became confirmed.

Also, there will be an expansion in the middle and last AOK ranges due to some VERY Interesting finds recently. Gilles was working hard to change his Newsletter to reflect these new discoveries and changes for the March Release.  8-)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 10:07:01 am by X-Savior »

Oli1001
  • Very Senior Member
  • www.CanadianCurrency.ca
    • Canadian Currency
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 11:33:33 am »

Yes, You have yourself a real Insert. That AOH Range is being found in bricks of AOJ. Good Find!  :)

There are now 3 Confirmed ranges of AOH Inserts, and one range will now be slightly changed due to some recent finds.

Not all AOH are Inserts. That was an early impression but I have had bricks of AOH and sometimes they contain AOH Inserts on occasion as well. The prefixes that do not seem to be in circulation yet that do exist is AOF and AOG. Something is strange about these, i think the BoC is up to something (Possibly similar to the Last Impressions Sets or something). Only time will tell.

As for the $20, possibly Someone else can shed some light???  :-/

I believe that The Bank of Canada will be reluctant to release anymore Last Impressions Sets due to their previous flop.
X-Savior
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 12:54:20 pm »

I believe that The Bank of Canada will be reluctant to release anymore Last Impressions Sets due to their previous flop.

You are very right. I had a detailed discussion with Gilles about this. They are up to something though as they have already said they printed these prefixes and are not releasing all of them to Circulation yet. WHY????

The problem is BoC is getting jealous of the RCM. The RCM make a great deal of money with their collectible coins and sets. BoC wants to start doing the same thing.

Their first try was the Lasting Impressions sets. Again, that did not go over well..... So, They are up to something else!

What we do not know but time will only tell. One thing is for sure, they are not just going to stop because of one failed attempt.  ::)

Hudson A B
  • Very Senior Member
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2007, 11:10:28 pm »

Gilles was working hard to change his Newsletter to reflect these new discoveries and changes for the March Release.
Agreed, Gilles has been working extremely hard at this newsletter.  There has been alot of data to report.

I have written two articles that compliment his list for anyone who wishes to learn more.  Please PM me if you would like the direct links to the articles.

With CBN notes possibly vanishing in the near future, inserts are likely going to be even more scarce and have much smaller ranges (because of the different numbering format, and possibly higher quality control).

As it is, the only CBN I am finding is the $20s.

Oh yes, I doubt the BOC will do another lasting impression set, unles it is possibly a very small release (to up the demand of course) ;)

Claude--  Was your brick packaged with 1/4 inch white plastic banding (on tight)?  or was it in nice neat stacks of 100, individually banded?

Thanks-
H
« Last Edit: February 28, 2007, 12:20:51 am by hudsonab »

CPMS Lifetime Member #1502.

Login with username, password and session length